Wiring Problem!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

SOUNDSTREAM-LNP
10+ year member

g'day i have a CDX-CA900 Sony Xpold HU, Soundstream 2 Lil Wonder 4 amps, 2 Soundstream Rubicon 12"s SVC and a Soundstream SPL 15" DVC and Soundstream 6"SLP G Splits now i don't really understand how to hook the RCA's up to run the 2 amps, i want the HU to turn on the amps how can i do this to split the REM cable into 2 for both amps, also i don't know what power cable or speaker cable but i want all this to run at full cap...alsoo would it be better to use a fuse at the battery and a fuse dis box at either end to make sure nothing happens and should i use a Dis Bos for the postive and negive???

can any1 give me any clues??

well on the remote wire just split the wire .....shouldnt hurt anything since your only using 2 amps but if u wanna be on the safe side....get a relay and wire it in.....

and im not sure what u mean u want the wire to run at full cap????

and for the fuses...put one w/in 12inches of the batt and fuses at the distribution block......and only use the dist. block on the power wire

actually you would want to use a relay to power the amps. the remote turn ons on head units fry easily if you try to pull too many amps through it.

and you would want to put a fuse about 12 inches from the battery, and if you use a distro box, fuse each distributed power cable. You want to use a fuse everytime you go to a smaller wire. -scott

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.