Wiring problem...i think

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lewbrah485
10+ year member

hello, i've been installing my system w/ a friend of mine and we got everything hooked up and when we went to turn on the subs, nothing happened. we checked the wires and we are 99.9999 % sure that its right. The only thing is that a fuse keeps blowing for the panel lights where the speeddomintor etc. is. I replaced it and it blew again. At first we thought that my amp was just a bad amp and i needed to be sent a new one but now we are thinking its a wiring problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! THanx

Rewire the whole thing over again making sure to replace all fuses that need to be replaced. If after rewired exactly how it should be nothing works then I would send the amp in for a diff one and see if it works.

Remember: Power goes from battery to 12V input on amp. Ground goes from car body OR battery to ground input on amp. Remote wire depends on the deck.. I have to run it from my power antenna wire to the remote wire input on my amp. Speakers are self explanitory just keep your positive+ and negative- connected correctly and make sure they dont touch. Also run the power wire on the driver side and the speaker/RCA wire on the passenger side. I guess thats about it.

Originally posted by gibasscarguy Also run the power wire on the driver side and the speaker/RCA wire on the passenger side. I guess thats about it.
It doesnt really matter what side you run the wires down...as long as the power wire is not on the same side as the RCA and speaker wires...does which ever is easyest..ie, my battery is on the passenger side, so I ran my power cable down that side.

LOL.. But you get my point dont you? I mean in my case the battery was on the drivers side so I ran my power wire that way. But in ANY case I was just telling him to keep them seperate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.