stupid question but...

Participant count
  • Participant list

silentscope21
10+ year member

MA
if i want to run 1 adire audio Brahma 15", i would need a mono amp with the highest wattage possible correct? how would i go about hooking the + and - to the amp. i havent worked with mono amps before, only multichannel. thanks.

but from what im seeing in pictures, there are 4 terminals, 2 each speaker. unless im seeing this wrong, mono doesnt mean single? like on the JBL power series, there are a LOT of terminals for wire on the side, 1 ground, 1 power, 1 turn on, then 4 others. does this mean i'd have to bridge it if i only want 1 sub. or is there a switch to select which channel?

im not the best in car audio but if you are talking like about the jbl 1200.1 it has4 rca inputs but you dont have to use them all they are more or less opinale fromwhat ireadin a differant post and there are the battery + andthe ground- and the remotewire and there shouldnt be any more poweroutlets thatn 2 terminals forthe sub/s but im not allthat sure what youare talking about

Both are speaker outputs. Yes mono does mean 1 channel. There are two sets of terminals to make it easier to connect more than one speaker. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so that means i can connect 1 sub to a pair of terminals and the amp wont incorrectly distrubute power? would that mean i'd have to bridge a single sub among the 4 speaker output terminals?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.