Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr.SoloDolo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
(2) Dual 2ohm/ SA-12's

(1) Monoblock AP-1500.1

Trying to get a 1ohm load in the end.

If i wire them together my final loads will be .5 or 2ohm but......

Wiring each of these subs individually Parallel @1ohm and connecting them to each of the 4 inputs on the amp (+/-)(+/-)

Does this mean I'll see a final load of 1ohm on the amp for the 1500w

Nope, sorry bud but if that amp is a monoblock, no matter how many ports you have the load is going to get paralleled together, so if you have for imputs and you wire each voice coil to each imput your going to end up with like 1/2 ohm... thats a weird setup btw...the12volt.com has your options, but you limited to 2 ohms or .5 ohms..for lowest possible load

Yeah you're only gonna see a 2 ohm. Even if you wire up 2x 1 ohm's to the amp, they are paralleled right inside the amp, so you are brought down to .5.

If you have a decent electrical you could try running it at .5 with the gains turned down and just watch your voltage. I'm running the same amp and at a 1 ohm load pushing 1,500w my voltage drops from 13.8 to 13.7, you should be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.