Wiring for 3-Channel Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

diesel_kid
10+ year member

Diesel Lover
Hey there, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a site or just tell me how to wire up my amp to my system. Currently it is a Alpine 9835 HU with an Xtant 403A Amplifier, which is rated at 50Wx2+100Wx1 at 4ohm. What I want to do is run my component speakers at 4ohm off the first two channels then run my sub off of the third channel at 2ohm. Anyways thanks.

-Jared

what sub do you have? Depending on the voice coil configuration on it.. it may be impossible to run it at 2 ohms. You'll either need a dual 1ohm sub, a single 2ohm or a dual 4 ohm.

Your front speakers are probably standard 4 ohm speakers.

i dont think u can run 2 diffrent ohm loads, but thats just me
it's a three channel amp. to fronts and one sub channel. And either way.. even if you had a two ohm speaker and a four ohm speaker.. you could still wire them to different channels and be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.