wiring bluetoot into old car stereo?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RockyBalboa

CarAudio.com Recruit
Dallas
I am looking to add bluetooth to a older head unit with hopes of it being non visible from the outside of housing. I ordered a universal bluetooth unit that I am going to hard wire into my aux port on headunit. This should work fine but also want to use my cell phone for navigation while lisening to the fm radio , so I assume I need to also tap into the fmradio out put some how. Any one have Ideas on where to start.
wiring bluetooth into aux port only allows me to use bluetooth when head unit is in AUX mode.
I would like the bluetooth navigation , recieve phone calls, while fm radio is in use.

eh , you guys are no fun. The module works fine. I tapped into the aux input jack. It works the same as if you plug it in from the face, only no wires visible. Works the same , just no visible wires from the face since its hooked up inside. Easy, 3 wire hook up. I didnt get all I wanted by overiding the radio system but I did get wireless blue toot. Running the radio through the fone , the gps and fone calls will still operate as I would like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.