Good Number?

I never cared for competing myself. When I go to shows with the Team Orion crew it’s a lot of stress and BS for basically nothing in return. I just do it for my own personal happiness. The most fun at shows is just BSing with friends and trading demos.

I never cared for competing myself. When I go to shows with the Team Orion crew it’s a lot of stress and BS for basically nothing in return. I just do it for my own personal happiness. The most fun at shows is just BSing with friends and trading demos.
Stress? All you do is press play. Lol

Metering is a waste of time in a music setup. 143.8 is louder than most people would drive around listening to anyway. If you’re going for pure SPL numbers, you use test tones and burps. Most spl systems sound like ass on music, since the box is built on purpose to be peaky at a certain frequency, usually in the 50+ hz range. Go to a local car audio competition and compete in a bass race. You will get metered to find out what class you’re in. assuming people still do bass races.

I think 145-150 is a perfect daily vehicle. I have had several of them and that always seems to be my "good enough" loudness. Then I'll randomly go meter and it is usually in the mid to high 140s. I'm not chasing numbers, but to my ear loudness I tend to be happy. 130 isnt loud enough for me

Stress? All you do is press play. Lol
i think he's talking about sign up, registration, waiting in line to compete, the judging setup process, judges giving you **** and trying to put you in a higher class, and the overall expenses just to compete along with you conserving your battery power for the burps and not being able to full tilt demo till after your burp and how the judging aspect is slow as ****. By the time you are all done and free to demo the whole day's almost over already. Not to mention if you got an ego issue, you do dumb **** that blows your gear. Some shows are a goddamn **** show lmfao.

Metering is a waste of time in a music setup. 143.8 is louder than most people would drive around listening to anyway. If you’re going for pure SPL numbers, you use test tones and burps. Most spl systems sound like ass on music, since the box is built on purpose to be peaky at a certain frequency, usually in the 50+ hz range. Go to a local car audio competition and compete in a bass race. You will get metered to find out what class you’re in. assuming people still do bass races.
Incorrect. I've never built a pure burp system. Ive always tuned around 35. I've always metered well. Actually properly designed spl system can bebtubedbto play flat and sound great because the cancellation is low. Damping is Ideal etc ..

Good number?
143.8db on music, Single 15 on 3K with limited electrical, lower tuned daily system, in that Bug?
Is there more in there?
I'd assume that after finding where it peaks and using tones, there might be a little more.
But If you're happy... I'd think that's all that matters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.