Wiring (and do i have a good system?)

Participant count
  • Participant list

homerprd007

I have a 2001 Sunfire, and I need some help wiring it. I have an Alpine CDA-7893 headunit and two 10" Alpine 'E' series subs with a Rockford Fosgate 500W power series amp. Any information would be great, and I would like an honest opinion about my system. Thanx.

Originally posted by homerprd007 I have a 2001 Sunfire, and I need some help wiring it. I have an Alpine CDA-7893 headunit and two 10" Alpine 'E' series subs with a Rockford Fosgate 500W power series amp. Any information would be great, and I would like an honest opinion about my system. Thanx.
What is it you are needing to wire specifically? The head unit? the amp? the subs? the whole thing? A lil more info here would help to give you a start

Originally posted by gregj9 nice start but with that much power on subs, you will surely need an amp for the mids/highs even if they are stock
Amp pile of **** factory mids and highs? Not worth the time and effort it will take to make the money to buy the amp let alone install it. That is like taking a bandaid and putting it over where you just cut your hand off. Not much sense at all.

Originally posted by Alaxan Amp pile of **** factory mids and highs? Not worth the time and effort it will take to make the money to buy the amp let alone install it. That is like taking a bandaid and putting it over where you just cut your hand off. Not much sense at all.
He's right, it's perfectly okay to ampllifier the factory speakers. IT WILL SOUND BETTER!!! I told you I've got the factory front speakers amplified (xtant 4004) in my 2002 jetta (wife's car) and it sounds 100% better than it did before amplification. I totally agree with adding more power to factory speakers (any speaker for that matter). The only time I wouldn't is if the car is a little older, like maybe 97'. But since you have a 2001 it'll be fine.

I do know that the trunk of your car is sealed off from the cab pretty good so more power to those subs will make it sound better.

Hope that helps

Originally posted by bean He's right, it's perfectly okay to ampllifier the factory speakers. IT WILL SOUND BETTER!!! I told you I've got the factory front speakers amplified (xtant 4004) in my 2002 jetta (wife's car) and it sounds 100% better than it did before amplification. I totally agree with adding more power to factory speakers (any speaker for that matter). The only time I wouldn't is if the car is a little older, like maybe 97'. But since you have a 2001 it'll be fine.

I do know that the trunk of your car is sealed off from the cab pretty good so more power to those subs will make it sound better.

Hope that helps
Slight difference between pontiac factory and VW, especially as the quality goes. The pointiacs are not worth their weight in ****.

Originally posted by Alaxan Slight difference between pontiac factory and VW, especially as the quality goes. The pointiacs are not worth their weight in ****.
Okay, fair statement..........But I'll tell you what, I amplified the factory speakers in my mitsu montero sport for a while......150 watts to each!! It sounded good too considering they were a pretty shitty speaker.

I disagree stock speakers give decent sound when amped by a quality amp. Also whenever customers came in to see me with a budget, I would suggest they got the amp first even if all the other stuff was stock (except the deck). Then buy the subs one at a time. Keep in mind most of the younger guys coming in wanted bass more than anything, but I just hated to send them out of my store with 500 watts on a pair of 12's and nothing on the mids and highs. Then they come back asking why all their friends say their system sounds like ****. clean up your system first , by the time you blow shitty stock speakers with the power of your new amp you will have the money to buy new mids/highs. Take your time and do it right but you might as well have it sound as good as possible at each stage of the system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.