Wiring Amps to Head unit

chevvw

WI
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to the car audio scene so I'll try to explain this the best I can. A little while ago I bought a car with a system already installed. It has two subwoofers and two amps. I took the head unit out to replace it with a better one but am having a little trouble getting the amps wired right. The old head unit only had two rca leads, just enough for one of the amps. Apparently the other amp wasn't hooked up because the leads were just laying behind the dash. The new head unit, a Clarion DXZ525, has 6 rca leads like in the picture below. Can anyone tell me how to hook the amps up to these leads? Like which lead from the hu to which lead on the amps?

Any help would be appreciated.

So it doesn't matter which leads go to which speakers or subs?

I'm probably making this more complicated than it really is. Here's what I'm going to try, someone please tell me if I'm wrong. I'll use the black leads on the amp for the speakers. The black lead with the red end with the right lead on the amp, and the white end with the left lead on the amp. Then I'll use the gray leads for the subs. The gray lead with the red end will go to the right lead on the amp, and the white end to the left amp lead. And I'll just leave the short red leads not connected.

Will this work?

On Clarions Front channel is gray, rear channel is black, and sub outs would then be the remaining (in your case red...unless that is a line-in?) Rights are red, lefts are white (or black). If your HU does not have a dedicated pre-out ffor the sub channel then yes, you would use the rear(black) rca's for the sub and gray for front speakers. I'm not familiar with your hu as to whether it has pre-outs for all 3 ch or not. good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.