Wiring amp to head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tylr6024

Hi there

I just got a new stereo for my car. From my aftermarket amp I have for my subs I have two RCA cable sets (2 white, 2 red, 4 total to plug in)

In my new stereo there are 6 RCA plugs. 2 for "front" 2 for "rear" and 2 for "subwoofer"

Since I have 4 wires to plug in, but only 2 plugs that say "subwoofer" I am unsure where to plug the RCA cables in. Would anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Are you connecting a subwoofer or mid/high speakers?Is the amp a monoblock, 2 or 4 channel?
Thanks for the response. I must have gotten ahead of myself I ran out to my car and realized there are only 2 cables so I would imagine they will plug right into the subwoofer plug. Thanks for helping out!

A side question that you may be able to answer:

Last night I ran the battery and ground wire as I wanted to make sure everything was going to work before I ran the other wires. However the light on the amp does not turn on. Does the remote wire have to plugged in as well for the amp to turn on?

Thanks for the response. I must have gotten ahead of myself I ran out to my car and realized there are only 2 cables so I would imagine they will plug right into the subwoofer plug. Thanks for helping out!
A side question that you may be able to answer:

Last night I ran the battery and ground wire as I wanted to make sure everything was going to work before I ran the other wires. However the light on the amp does not turn on. Does the remote wire have to plugged in as well for the amp to turn on?
Yeah, you have to have a signal from the head unit's remote out for the amp to come on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.