Wiring 3 Amps / REM Wire and Battery Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

omnipseudo
10+ year member

.4Wheelin Sound Addict
Hey, im wiring up 3 amps and 5 subs for a big system in a parade but I have a few qs.

#1 : Idealy each amp will run off its own battery, situated right next to it. Thing is, the batterys wont be plugged into the car, just there. We tried wiring an amp up like this, but it doesnt work. Ive tried the ground to the negative terminal and to a ground point, nothing. The REM wire works, as the standby light comes on...but no sound. RCAs are plugged in...just wondering if i need something else to be able to run the amp off the stand alone battery...

#2 : Can i daisy chain the REM wires from the HU to amp#1, to amp#2 then amp#3? Or do I need to get some type of small distro block?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Amp directly on a battery should work, just hook up the plus and remote of the amp to the plus of the batt and the ground to the minus... However I don't really think it is a good idea to hook your amps up like that, there can be a potential difference in the negative connections, ideally you should connect the negative of all batteries to the ground of the car. Now for the remote I would not put more then 2 amps daisy chained on the remote wire, you should put in some sort of delay on the 3rd amp to prefent all 3 amps switching on at the same time, pulling to much power thru the remote wire

thanks for the reply - so with the batteries, if i run the plus and rem wires right to the battery when its go time, all the amps will be on...thus eliminating the need to run a rem from the hu, right? and with the common ground, just run a wire from all the neg battery terminals to the same grounding spot? thanks again for the replies

You will need to have all the negatives tied together if you intend to run common RCA's and remotes to them. Ground each battery negative to the car body and you should be good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.