Wiring 3 amps, 5 subs and 2 tower speakers to a car?

Participant count
  • Participant list

omnipseudo
10+ year member

.4Wheelin Sound Addict
Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this post

[The Objective]

Wire a bunch of sound equipment into a truck for a homecomming parade.

[The Truck]

Ford F150, 6inch lift, 37" muds, optima yellow top battery, stock alternator

[The Equipment]

2 10s @ 300w RMS

2 10s @ 250w RMS

1 10 @ 275 w RMS

1 2Chan 700w Amp

1 2Chan 550w Amp

1 2Chan 1000w Amp

2 Tower speakers @ 100w RMS each

[The Questions]

1. How do I go about wiring all this to a truck as far as power, grounds, rems and rcas. (See diagram below)

2. Will i need to attatch another car battery, if so how?

3. Any other precautions/notes I should be aware of

[The Diagram]

Super Paint Skills Wiring

Im very knowledgeable in installing/wiring systems, just not with multiple amps/speakers hooked up, so any help you can provide would be great. Ive drawn out a paint doc to what id assume needs to be done right now. My main concern is the power routing and rca wiring, this is where im not too sure of things(also wiring things in series or parrallel if needed).

And yes I realize my paint "skills" are terrible, but its better than nothing lol. Drop me a reply/words of advice! Thanks in advance

you will need a distribution block for power, dont daisy chain it. i would just use 2 of the subs instead of all of them, cuz you will get lots of cancellation and it wont sound good.

daisy chain power/ground= //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Get some Stinger "T Blocks"

same thing with the remote wire. Put a distro on the end and split that beast. Power's gonna be a *****, your gonna get major draw on that stock alt. I think you only have a 95 or a 104, I don't remember though.

most good amps will have line outputs to go to other amps so you can daisy chain that stuff with no problem.

thanks for the replies...so ive gathered that i need distro blocks on the power/grounds and to fuse everything and draw the rem from the fusebox...anyone else think that with this many subs they'll cancel out? i thought they wouldnt cuz they're all 10s.

what about the battery? and how am i gonna run the rcas? ill need a bit of explination cuz im not too familiar with the terms "daisy chain" etc.

thanks again for the replies!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.