Wiring 2 JBL GT5 12's and a JBL BPX500.1 Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Oh and by the way, I have 8 gauge power and ground and the previous owner had a 2nd battery in the trunk for these subs with amp.

Well ..I just looked up the specs for your amp..And it is NOT 2ohm mono stable!!!With that amp and 2svc subs,,you can run at 4ohms stereo,and will be for each sub/each channel } + to +,and - to - with your HP switch (high pass on),Or you can only hook 1 at 4ohms mono/bridged,and will be} + to +,and - to - with your LP switch(low pass on) or you will need 4 of these subs to run at 4ohm/or 1ohms mono-bridged..But the amplifier is not 2ohms mono stable.The DB is only 66.4,and the TDH is at 1%.Not a Powerhouse IMO for a sub amplifier..I like to see in the neighborhood of a min of 100 DB with at min of 0.02%.But get it out of that 2ohm load before you cook the amp/or ruin your subs,and either run 1 sub at 4ohms mono,or both at 4ohms stereo,or get yourself 2-4ohmdvc to get to that 1ohm mono load,or 1-2ohm dvc to get the 4ohm mono load or 2 more svc subs(having a total of 4).My recommendation to you..

Well ..I just looked up the specs for your amp..And it is NOT 2ohm mono stable!!!With that amp and 2svc subs,,you can run at 4ohms stereo,and will be for each sub/each channel } + to +,and - to - with your HP switch (high pass on),Or you can only hook 1 at 4ohms mono/bridged,and will be} + to +,and - to - with your LP switch(low pass on) or you will need 4 of these subs to run at 4ohm/or 1ohms mono-bridged..But the amplifier is not 2ohms mono stable.The DB is only 66.4,and the TDH is at 1%.Not a Powerhouse IMO for a sub amplifier..I like to see in the neighborhood of a min of 100 DB with at min of 0.02%.But get it out of that 2ohm load before you cook the amp/or ruin your subs,and either run 1 sub at 4ohms mono,or both at 4ohms stereo,or get yourself 2-4ohmdvc to get to that 1ohm mono load,or 1-2ohm dvc to get the 4ohm mono load or 2 more svc subs(having a total of 4).My recommendation to you..
Great info thank you. Unfortunately, this morining I decided to turn up my gain a tiny bit, and the subs hit harder and sounded clean. I just took a ride around the block and all of a sudden on a heavy bass song, the subs cut out at my normal-high listening volume. I checked all the wiring and all looks good and removed the - on my battery and disconnected all my wires on my amp and reconnected them and still nothing. While trying to check my fuses, they broke apart while taking them out -_-

I wont be able to get new fuses to see if it was those until tomorrow.

Any help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reason it is blown the fuse..Due to running the 2ohm load bridged,in which the specs clearly state that your amplifier is not capable of.You need to wire the subs as stated in my last response..or the amp will no longer perform as it should.Yes it did sound good for approx 10-15 min,or less,but it was not constant/stable.You only have 3 heatsinks in that amp,the 3rd shut down will be the last...FRIED/possibly could be repaired???It cut out on you because of the improper ohms load that you have wired those subs.Take the advise and possibly save your amplifier,in which you can use later on as a component amp maybe???Other than that..I can only tell you what I know by the information provided.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.