Wiring 1 sub with 4 channel amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

DetoxLS
10+ year member

South FL
I am going to put one DVC sub in my car with the open 2 channels on the amp. I have the amp powering the front speakers. My amp runs at 65x4@4ohms and 85x@2ohms.

To get 170 watts from the amp would I get a 2ohm x 2 DVC or a 4ohm x2 DVC? When connecting to the amp, do I use the Positive from the first channel and negative from the secong channel?

I am going to put one DVC sub in my car with the open 2 channels on the amp. I have the amp powering the front speakers. My amp runs at 65x4@4ohms and 85x@2ohms.To get 170 watts from the amp would I get a 2ohm x 2 DVC or a 4ohm x2 DVC? When connecting to the amp, do I use the Positive from the first channel and negative from the secong channel?
Get either a dual 2ohm sub or a single 4 ohm sub. Follow the directions on the amp on how to bridge the 2 channels.. Check out the sticky for more information on wiring.

If you have a dual 2 ohm driver you can have a final impedance of 1ohm or 4ohms
Because you're using esentialy a 2 channel amp(two channels on a 4 channel amp....I did understand that correctly? I think u r using a 4 channel amp, 2 of those channels are being used for front mids/tweets? and the other 2 channels for your sub? Is that right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.