wires wires everywhere

DdevilxXx

Ok here's the question my fellow audio enthusiasts: I'm still in the process of building my first system in my car, and have run into a few snags in my well laid plan. After I upgrade my stock electrical system with a 140 ampere alternator and the addition of a second battery, I run into this question: How do I wire from the twin batteries to two 1 farad capacitors, and then from there to two seperate amps (one for the Subs, the other for the interior full ranges). I believe in doing everything right the first time, hence the twin battery set up and twin single farad capacitors. What do distrbution blocks do exactly? Do I need to buy one in order to split the power from the final capacitor to two amps? Or do they come in before the power hits any component?

Also, is this enough to protect my precious electrical system from failure? I plan on adding significant amounts of Street Glow neons which draw low amounts of amperage, but I want to have amps to spare as far as power goes. Any help is much appreciated!

adding batteries and caps wont help the cars power problems batteries are only if you plan to sit with the car off and listen to your system loud caps just and a load to the alt,just upgrade your alt for a higher output alt and youll be fine

Originally posted by DdevilxXx Ok here's the question my fellow audio enthusiasts: I'm still in the process of building my first system in my car, and have run into a few snags in my well laid plan. After I upgrade my stock electrical system with a 140 ampere alternator and the addition of a second battery, I run into this question: How do I wire from the twin batteries to two 1 farad capacitors, and then from there to two seperate amps (one for the Subs, the other for the interior full ranges). I believe in doing everything right the first time, hence the twin battery set up and twin single farad capacitors. What do distrbution blocks do exactly? Do I need to buy one in order to split the power from the final capacitor to two amps? Or do they come in before the power hits any component?

Also, is this enough to protect my precious electrical system from failure? I plan on adding significant amounts of Street Glow neons which draw low amounts of amperage, but I want to have amps to spare as far as power goes. Any help is much appreciated!
don is correct......however......if u insist on running 2 batts....i believe you'll need a batt. isolator........and im not a fan of caps...but if u insist on having them then i'd suggest placing them as close to the amps as possible.....distribution blocks allow you to run a large power wire to the block.....from there it is fused and splits it into smaller power wires so they can each be run to a seperate amp........they come before the power hits any cap or amp......as for the street glows you'll need to get a power wire run to a switch then wire a relay in w/ them to prevent to large of a strain on the power wire......

Thanks guys. I'll ditch the second battery idea for now. My trunk isn't THAT big. When I get some pictures of my car after I fix my power window (it's being held up by duct tape right now heh) I'll throw em online for you. I'm working on fiberglass interior panels and toying with the idea of adding an xbox inside (everyone does PS2). I'll throw some interior shots at you (the outside is a mess still) when things are... acceptable.

Originally posted by Goddyd4me ....distribution blocks allow you to run a large power wire to the block.....from there it is fused and splits it into smaller power wires so they can each be run to a seperate amp........they come before the power hits any cap or amp...........

I always thought that the distro blocks should come AFTER a cap if your only using one cap. Then straight a fuse if the block is not a fused one. Lastly to an amp. Am I wrong?

D

Partially,...It's all in your preference. If you want a unique system, do it whatever way you think it will work. the best way to find out is by trial & error. Try it one way, then try the other & see witch works best.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.