Wire

Participant count
  • Participant list
CCA is 90% aluminum and 10% copper OFC wire is 100% copper. If im wrong correct me. But yes CCA is cheaper thats why its $2 a foot. As long as its a decent brand $2 a foot is what it goes for. Now OFC is the real deal. Helps Voltage drop alot and usually goes for like $4-5 a foot.

CCA is 90% aluminum and 10% copper OFC wire is 100% copper. If im wrong correct me. But yes CCA is cheaper thats why its $2 a foot. As long as its a decent brand $2 a foot is what it goes for. Now OFC is the real deal. Helps Voltage drop alot and usually goes for like $4-5 a foot.
I have 2 or 4 guage right now and its 100% copper so is that better than 1/0 guage cca?

Oh so I probably dont need 0/1 gauge because since I'm running my subs at 4ohms my amp only does 1500 watts rms
That's if the wire is ofc. But the amp is capable of drawing 250 amps. I'd upgrade the wire anyway to be safe Don't wanna mess the amp up

That's if the wire is ofc. But the amp is capable of drawing 250 amps. I'd upgrade the wire anyway to be safe Don't wanna mess the amp up
Yes i have ofc wire now and that amp can do 250 amps if your doing 2000 watts at 1ohm i dont have amp amp cranked up either so I'm probably good for right now. But what I need to do is go to a car audio place and get my amp tuned because i just dont understand how to tune an amp and i do not wanna break my subs or amp. I cant learn how to do it so I'm gonna go somewhere to get it tuned unless someone tells me what to set each setting to. But when i go to buy bigger wire I'll get it from you

The amp is only 2 ohm stable rated at 2000 rms. but can do close to 2300 fairly easy. And cool. If you don't know how to set it. Then don't mess with it. Where you located again. I might be able to find someone to help tune it for you

The amp is only 2 ohm stable rated at 2000 rms. but can do close to 2300 fairly easy. And cool. If you don't know how to set it. Then don't mess with it. Where you located again. I might be able to find someone to help tune it for you
Massachusetts and what do you think it usually cost to have someone tune an amp?

Massachusetts and what do you think it usually cost to have someone tune an amp?
Shouldn't be much or no cost at all

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

And that's what i ment 2 ohm stable and i have 4ohm subs so i have to run at 4 ohms
I've got a couple of friends in mass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.