wire diagram mazda

Participant count
  • Participant list

2ndGenRx7

my rx7 came with a stock cd player and tape player which doesnt work. i took it out to replace it with my aftermarket cd player and eq. behind it, there were these thick wires that connected to other wires. before u give me any sarcastic remarks, what made it important enough to comment about is that the connections are huge. imagine a computer cable, and the plug at the end in the shape of a circle the size of a haf dollar. there were 3 of those, and i have never seen anything like that before in the car. i think it might have something to do with the stock amplifier in the back. also, there are 6 speakers. that means there should be 15 wires behind the deck right? 12 for the speakers, 1 switch power, 1 constant power and 1 ground. but there is only 12, and i only know which one is the ground...because it is grounded just above it.

i've decided i have 2 options. #1 find out which wire is which by getting the colors codes online somewhere. then wire up the deck. #2 wire it myself. the only problem with #2 is that i have never done it before, and i dont understand the switched power. and also i dont really want to run wires through the whole car, i already ran too many wires through the doors (remote turn on for 2 amps, power wires for 2 amps, speaker wires back to the front from one amp, power wires for undercar lights, and rca wires for the amps) they're all hidden and ver nicely done if i might add. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif well any help will be appriciated, and by the way, for my equilizer, what do these mean: "power ground" and "source ground" also, the yellow wire is "battery" so i guess that means constant power right? well im not evn sure if its gonna work anyways. my friend ran over it and my foot when back my car out of the garage. good thing its very light and only went over my toes.

thanx for any help in advance

-j

If your not sure which is which, you can always pay a little extra money to have it installed proffesionally, or you can play the guessing game. If I were you just pay the extra $$ to get it installed right. Pretty sweet ride though, any plans on adding racing components?

there are factory amps and that is why there is fewer wires than usual u willl have to bypass the amps, or buy the integration harnesses........much cheaper to run wire to all your speakers....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.