Wire connections for my car

Participant count
  • Participant list

hartmanka3

Hey guys....hopefully someone can help me. I have a 96 Ford Contour and I had a Pioneer DEH-245 put in a couple years ago. Well something seems to have gone wrong and the wires don't seem to be connected right.

Can anyone give me the colors to hook up together.....mind you that these are not through a harness.

If anyone has the hookups on this I'd appreciate it.

Kyle

There should be a Yellow=power, Black=ground, Red= ignition and 4 pairs of speaker wire coming from the back of the head unit. If the wires in your car are different you can test them with a multimeter. The power wire will show +12 volts always. The ignition wire is a switched +12 volt wire. This wire will only show +12 volts when the key is in the ignition, it's usually red. If you can't find the black ground wire just ground directly to chassis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.