winisd aero port question

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
If you choose more than one vent for an Aero port and it gives you a vent length. Do you cut that in half or is that per vent.

For example. Modeling an SSA Icon. 2.2 cuft box. 2 aero ports, 3.23 vent diameter, vent length 23.95 in. would i need two 3.23in aero ports at 24in each or would they be need to be 12 inches each?

If you choose more than one vent for an Aero port and it gives you a vent length. Do you cut that in half or is that per vent.
For example. Modeling an SSA Icon. 2.2 cuft box. 2 aero ports, 3.23 vent diameter, vent length 23.95 in. would i need two 3.23in aero ports at 24in each or would they be need to be 12 inches each?
Doesn't work that way, adding more aeros is the same thing as adding to your total port area which makes vent length needing to be longer to achieve the same tuning. Both will need to be 24 inches long.

I would not use winisd to do the actual box design and port length calculations because its generally completely wrong unless you do the math to calculate all displacements and re-enter the length ETC its a big never ending paradox with that bullsh*t. Use torres box calculator to actually figure out real dimensions and tuning then put the specs onto winisd to model the sub in that specific enclosure spec.

I would not use winisd to do the actual box design and port length calculations because its generally completely wrong unless you do the math to calculate all displacements and re-enter the length ETC its a big never ending paradox with that bullsh*t.

I use a spreadsheet to figure net volumes, from there slight variance will be inaudible. IMO slight variance for flaring ports should be about inaudible as well. If OP isn't chasing 10ths he probably shouldn't need to worry and if he is chasing 10ths calculations is no substitute for simply testing different ports and recording results.

That said, I won't condone anything illegal, but I have seen Bass Box Pro on torrent search engines. That's a little more powerful with flared port options.

d to do the actual box design and port length calculations because its generally completely wrong unless you do the math to calculate all displacements and re-enter the length ETC its a big never ending paradox with that bullsh*t.
It's not that complicated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.