Will this work? Wanting to try out this new system soon...

Participant count
  • Participant list

wallacengineeri
10+ year member

Ambassador to all Engines
Follow the link to the high-res picture. Download it because it is a high pixel picture and you will need to zoom into to read the text. It has all the details, specs, and links to the equipment I want to use. I want to know if you guys approve of this set up/ think it will work.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=dbcd7674c43df16c#!/?cid=dbcd7674c43df16c&sc=documents&nl=1&uc=1&id=DBCD7674C43DF16C%21134!cid=DBCD7674C43DF16C&id=DBCD7674C43DF16C%21135&sc=documents

Last edited by a moderator:
One amp to run the entire system has always been great for space saving feature. Should be fine if this is the type of setup you are wanting.Be sure to shop around for the best quality and price for your money is what i recommend,speakers/sub/amp ect.Hope you find your system needs.Good Luck.If you need help, you can always find the answer on this link it seems.

As a matter of fact this kind of setup has been around since the early 90s as I used with the JBL GTQ 400,and I actually used the 4ch amp into a 6 ch setup.I used a pair of 6x9 a pair of 6.5 seperates all Polk,and a pair of Still water Kicker 10s.In a Mits Conquest,Sounded GREAT!!The GTQ 400 has a built in fan kept things running cool.

Thanks for the replies guys. Only took a couple of hours too! And I am not sure why but the silver wiring is just as cheap as the copper wiring. 50 Feet is just $25 in 14 gauge and $30 for 50 feet in 12 gauge. All I know is I am not going to Walmart for ANYTHING this time! Last time all I got from there was the wiring and of course it shorted out in just a few weeks. Tell you what, for giving me such great advice I'll return the favor. DO NOT SHOP AT WALMART. lol

Thanks..I will remember for sure!! LOL. Yet,I do recommend copper wiring for all of your wiring to speakers/subs ect!! You can find by the foot for certain sizes rather than buying kits?? I would only use silver wiring for ground only.My opinion.Good luck on your system build!!!

Do not get so critical over silver vs copper.

90% of all installs use copper. Who honestly wastes their time with silver.

Are you competing for the World title?

And pure copper power\ground wire by itself isn't wise either.

If it's not tinned, you need to prevent pure copper from oxidizing. This is a longterm wire-saver technique and normal daily drivers "may" not need to do this.

Typical good car audio power wire comes tinned so no worries.

CCA wire is of lower conductivity so be careful on assuming it's current capability.. It's not that much of a difference but one shouldn't blame CCA for a fire or burnt connections when typically, CCA is only ~40-60A less conductive than pure copper. Getting that close to constant current draw, user needs to step up the wire gauge rather than debating on what material it's made out of.

Silver is the most conductive metal. It's definitely better than copper, but whether or not you'll be able to hear the difference is arguable. On a budget system, the speaker wire is probably the least important thing to ugprade - you'd be better off spending extra cash on the head unit.

If you can get silver for the same price, however, do silver since it's not only superior for audio, but commands a greater commodity price as a raw metal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.