Will this RF amp work for my mids?

Participant count
  • Participant list

carco_dr
10+ year member

I am new to car audio and have posted a couple of times but I am still learning so I appreciate the help from those who answer my questions.

My vehicle is a 2002 Silverado Extended Cab. I have a component set, MB Quart RCE-216, power handling is 60-130 watts at 4 ohms. I will also be getting a set of 4x6 speakers for my rear doors. Will the amp I have be able to power these mids?

My amp for my mids: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

4 channel

60W x 4 @ 4 ohms RMS

110Wx4 @ 2 ohms RMS

225Wx2 @ 4 ohms bridged RMS

Yes, luckily you'll be getting more like 80-100WRMS x 4 into a 4 ohm load from that amp. These amps are rather underrated. My P5002 is rated at 500WRMS x 1 into a 4 ohm load, but would do 631WRMS x 1 into a 4 ohm load. You'll be fine, as long as you're not clipping the signal. Make sure the gains are set correctly.

If you go outside the capacity of the amp or your electrical system, you will send a distorted, dirty, clipped signal. find the gain setting tutorial found at the top of the amplifier section.

It should be a "sticky"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.