Will this harm too much...?

Participant count
  • Participant list
You have no idea how much more helpful you alone have been than most guys on SMD combined. They know their stuff, but they aren't willing to help unless they do it in a rude, short-tempered manner. It's not worth it.

Also, when setting the gain, should I turn the boost up to where I'd like it at? For example, I like the effect it has. It seems to emphasize freq. that is commonly used in the music I listen to. Currently, my boost is at ~50%. Should I turn it off and just adjust the gain and that's it, or should I leave it how I like it and adjust the gain and voltage accordingly with the boost on? Just curious if boost will still clip the signal even with a "proper" gain?

Also, now that I think about it... when doing the equation, should I calculate it using the resistance I'm using (2ohm)?

You have no idea how much more helpful you alone have been than most guys on SMD combined. They know their stuff, but they aren't willing to help unless they do it in a rude, short-tempered manner. It's not worth it.
Also, when setting the gain, should I turn the boost up to where I'd like it at? For example, I like the effect it has. It seems to emphasize freq. that is commonly used in the music I listen to. Currently, my boost is at ~50%. Should I turn it off and just adjust the gain and that's it, or should I leave it how I like it and adjust the gain and voltage accordingly with the boost on? Just curious if boost will still clip the signal even with a "proper" gain?

Also, now that I think about it... when doing the equation, should I calculate it using the resistance I'm using (2ohm)?
Set the boost where you want it first. Either knob will affect the output, so play with it until you like it and make sure the numbers pan out when you check the voltages. If you set the gain just shy of clipping a tiny bit of bass boost will make a big jump up and easily distort the signal.

Yes, you'd factor 2 ohms into the equation.

I could not agree more about the SMD thing. They are so rude and never really want to help anyone. They ban you if you have an opinion that differs from theirs and will flame you into oblivion just for not knowing something. Good luck with your setup!

The DSO Nano is an actual oscilloscope which will show you an actual signal line to show clipping in live monitoring.
The DD-1 just shows clipping from any signal distortion it detects and you are forced to buy another version if your pushing over 3k which is stupid.

As for the bass boost it is not needed. Set your SSF to a reasonable freq as anything to low can cause your sub to go over xmax if to much power is sent.

Also do not forget to play with any sub level/sub volume controls on the headunit and also if you have it then SLA level can help.

At times loudness can help, but only if your preamp is lacking which if 2v then it should not.
Its 7k not 3K.

I could not agree more about the SMD thing. They are so rude and never really want to help anyone. They ban you if you have an opinion that differs from theirs and will flame you into oblivion just for not knowing something. Good luck with your setup!
I'm really glad I'm not the only one who has experienced that. Most people probably think I'm lying or exaggerating, but they really are condescending pricks. Anyways, thanks for the help guys. I set the amp to 40ac volts, which is what was recommended in the equation. Sounds louder to be honest, even without any boost.

Also, this forum's classified section seems to be pretty kicka**. Gonna have to give it a shot sometime.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.