will this be easier on my electrical system?

loudlittlefvkus
10+ year member

Michigan
so i dont know if there will really be an answer to this question but;

right now i have 2 DVC 4ohm subs, kicker cvx's. and a JL audio slash 1000/1 amp. i know this sub is really power hungry, and i was wondering if i got 2 rockford r1200-1D amps, and ran them at 2-ohm(when i upgrade my subs), do you think my electrical system could still support those? that would be 1600 watts at 2ohms. the 1000/1 is wired at 4-ohms, and my volts drop sometimes and my system gets a little quieter. but on rockfords site it says those amps are pretty easy on electrical systems. im also upgrading the big 3 this weekend when the wire gets here.

Lower the ohm the more stressful it is. Average car can take 1000-1500 watts sometimes more sometimes less. If I remember right those JL amps are pretty efficient but my Rocksford BD1000.1 killed my truck @ 1 ohm. If you plan to do 2 amps you should at least have a good AGM under the hood and big 3.

thats why i was kinda curious, because i was gonna lower the ohms. but from what ive read, the jl amps are pretty power hungry and the rockfords are pretty efficient, so i was just looking for some input, looking for a good amp right now thatll give me a little more power, then im planning on upgrading my subs. i have a yellowtop under the hood, and was thinking about a second battery too. im not sure if i wanna get a HO alternator, arent those a little expensive?

thats why i was kinda curious, because i was gonna lower the ohms. but from what ive read, the jl amps are pretty power hungry and the rockfords are pretty efficient, so i was just looking for some input, looking for a good amp right now thatll give me a little more power, then im planning on upgrading my subs. i have a yellowtop under the hood, and was thinking about a second battery too. im not sure if i wanna get a HO alternator, arent those a little expensive?
the jl slash amps are very power hungry ,the rf prime amps aren't very good either ,.look at the american bass vfl 4480 ,might be what your looking for

I had a RF prime 500.1 and it liked power like a 1000watt amp but it just didn't put the power back out

Seemed real weak for a 500rms. Your JL puts out good power for the rating

I read up on that a little bit, and all the reviews are great, i couldnt find any RMS ratings for 4 or 2 ohms though, but im supposing around 1200 at 2ohms, 700-800 4ohms? and i also saw a lot of people say its really efficient, do you think it would be possible to run it at 1 ohms on a stock electrical? with a yellowtop and a good big 3 upgrade? or if i needed to, put a second battery in the back? im looking for an amp for under 500$ that will let me upgrade the rest of my system still. but that amp does seem pretty nice especially for the price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.