Will this amp work with this sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fiddyatecent

Texas
I have a Rockford Fosgate p3sd4-12 it’s 4-ohm 400watt rms it’s just one sub I will be running.. will a JBL club-5501 work? It says 350w at 4 ohms or 550 at 2 ohms.. I think with a single sub I can only wire it up as 2ohms or 8 right.. anyway is this amp to much for the sub or is it alright or if not can y’all suggest one? Thanks

I have a Rockford Fosgate p3sd4-12 it’s 4-ohm 400watt rms it’s just one sub I will be running.. will a JBL club-5501 work? It says 350w at 4 ohms or 550 at 2 ohms.. I think with a single sub I can only wire it up as 2ohms or 8 right.. anyway is this amp to much for the sub or is it alright or if not can y’all suggest one? Thanks
yes wire at 2ohm that amp will be fine for it.. the jbl gtx 500 tested at 800rms i don't think the club is as strong but does rated power.. we all (or almost all) over power subs (i ran 930rms to a 600rms pioneer for 9 months no problems) we set gains tad low so we have less distortion, cool amp and less current draw on electrical than trying to work a smaller amp to death

I have a pair of P3 12"s and have been beating the snot out of them for about 4 years now on several different amps and they've held up just fine (knock on wood). That amp is rated at 550 @2 ohms, so it'll do just fine. Kinda pricey for that little power tho and it has to be said, who in the heII designed that thing???? The shroud is... Uhhhhhhh, well unique lol.

Gramps is right about overpowering the subs. Buy more watts than you need, keep the gains low, bass boost off (both on the deck and the amp), have proper wiring (you can get away with 4 gauge on that amp all day long) and get the right box, preferably custom built to it's theille small parameters and you'll get the most out of it. How recently did you buy that amp? I ask because for $200 you can get several other amps that put down more power and reliably so. For that cash you can easily get a reliable 1000 watts from several mfgs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.