Will the CD7200 MKII be worth it? (Over 880PRS)

I thought i remember reading that if you are listening to media via the auxiliry input, then you are using the media devices DAC (less desirable). If you are utilizing the direct iPod connection then you are using the head units DAC (more desirable).

Uh... you can burn 150 songs onto a cd?
The eclipse USB has some major issues, lots of SNAPS and popping sounds, both of the units I had did it.
Yea but can you do it twice? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif Only with a CD-RW, which takes FOREVER. USB is much more convenient, and I only said 150 because I use a 1GB thumb drive. Even an 80GB HDD would be amazing.

And I'm sure Eclipse received several complaints about the issues and are working to improve the USB, hopefully they have with the 7200.

We'll just have to see... but I know I don't have much time to decide what I do, unfortunately.

^ cannot lose with the drz, if it had provisions for mp3 playback, I'd have it by now.
also got the ipod box for it. not as integrated as say the new alpines, but it still does the job (create playlists for it, then play back like a cd changer).

Yea but can you do it twice? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif Only with a CD-RW, which takes FOREVER. USB is much more convenient, and I only said 150 because I use a 1GB thumb drive. Even an 80GB HDD would be amazing.
And I'm sure Eclipse received several complaints about the issues and are working to improve the USB, hopefully they have with the 7200.

We'll just have to see... but I know I don't have much time to decide what I do, unfortunately.
Uh ya? My re-writeable doesn't take long at all :-D but of course I'd love to have an 80 g hard drive at my finger tips.

Just confirmed the Aux input on the DEH-P880PRS does use the HU DAC to process the sound.

I have been using my Zen60W and I am **** happy with this setup. Currently using the front input jack, but tomorrow I am going to buy a Linky as I don't like the cable hanging from the HU

Will this unit allow equalization to the left and right channels independently from one another in active mode? I think the Pioneer 880/800 does?

Both these headunits support 3-way active?

I don't think there is a more flexible unit out for hte price than the 880/800. By far the most tuning capabilities. Even the 16 band eq is good enough that I don't think you really need a PEQ.

I'm just at the point where I want to go active. Pretty much whichever of these decks comes out first (7200mkII, or 800prs) will wind up being what replaces my old Eclipse 8052/33091 Processor. It's been a great headunit, sounds awesome out of the box, I just want a bit more tuning options. Sounds like both the new decks will be priced the same ($550)... I'm just eager to get one.

I would snag a 880prs right now, they are around 300 and the functions are identical to the 800prs.
And the 800 doesn't have a **** thing different from the 880. Stupid copper chassis BS. If the 800 had USB built-in, I would pay $500 for it!

i just got a cd7100 and i cant say i see any problems with it,,sounds pretty good outta the box,,i cant seem to find the 11 band eq on it though for some reason but it sounds pretty good with what i have,,,and nismos i dunno about you but mine gets pretty **** loud at 40-50,,,havent had to go 60-70 on volume

I got a quote for $430(cd7200), carry out from an auto. dealer in Houston.....
Did they have it in stock in the store?

If so... I wish I lived where you do.. I'm dying to check out this unit in person.

I'm just about to purchase an 880 instead because of the supposedly crappy interface of the Eclipse's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.