Will running 2 12s drain more power then 1?

Participant count
  • Participant list
That amp was tested at 2 ohms, not one

it’s a 600 watt amp at 2 ohms. Your dual 4 wires to a final 2 ohm load. So, no it would not be a good idea to split that amps power to two subs wired at 1 ohm. That would 200-300 watts going to each 1200w rms sub.Get a new amp

I'm not really familiar with amp ...I did a quick search and found people were dropping them to 1 ohm . I copied one of the reviews but your right I looked it back up and it is a 2 ohm mono amp. The reviews had confused me on its ratings ....
Screenshot_20200130-110157_Chrome.jpg

Ill keep it as a single to keep it simple. I just need to find out how loud i can The turn volume without blowing something.

Can i turn headunit sub level to 15 if i set gain already?

Im mainly worried about drain on car. If itll drain more ill keep it single
simple just add the sub and buy a stinger voltmeter, connect it to the power and ground of your amp and have it up by the dash so you can monitor the voltage drops. Your car has a normal operating voltage of 12.6v to 14.4v If you see the voltmeter dropping to 11 or below, you just need to lower your sub level on the head unit or the gains on the amp until your lowest voltage drop is 12.0 to 12.2v. viola you safely ran your new subs. You should still be louder with double the cone area. SQ, should be similar. Make sure you wire it in proper phase and have fun dude.

Ah got you. Im thinking about getting a 2nd amp like that for my 12JLW3. might be too much power for that sub though
After box rise and all things considered I doubt it. Wtf would u get a power acoustic for a jl sub.

Well the amps are pretty cheap to be safe you could run one amp per sub if you get another Power Acoustic sub you could put a 3 way toggle switch and run two remote wires to switch amp 1 on then amp 2 on for the added effect ....
Another one of those would be a money and a wiring waste, get a gmd 9701 or taramps 1200 and call it a day

After box rise and all things considered I doubt it. Wtf would u get a power acoustic for a jl sub.

Because they only $93...amps for that wattages cost $300. Ill get that amp though thanks. Was looking for good amps around 100

That pioneer amp would work well on two of the Power Acoustic subs it would give you a true 800 rms for the pair
Ill order that one ASAP. Ill decide if i want to add 2 or keep one by Saturday.

One last question, after gain set on amp itself. Can or do you turn the “sub level” all the way Up to 15 without damaging?

Dumb ass questions i know, new to all this.

One last question, after gain set on amp itself. Can or do you turn the “sub level” all the way Up to 15 without damaging?

Dumb ass questions i know, new to all this.
Wouldn't be smart. I'd set the sub level toward the upper end of its range (10 or 12 if it goes to 15) when you set your gain. That way you'll have a small adjustment to make if whatever you happen to be listening to lacks some low end w/o much risk of adding too much and pushing the amp into clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.