Will running 2 12s drain more power then 1?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Retrofuture30

CarAudio.com Recruit
If i upgrade my single 12 to a dual 12 with the current amp im using for the single, will it drain more battery or drain the alternator?

I have a single 12 inch power acoustik goth powered on an power acoustik rzr1-2500d amp. Thinking about switching it out for 2 woofer enclosure and add a 2nd goth woofer.

Will this drain more power from car?

I used this kit

grounded it between a screw and metal door covering some electrical outlets in trunk. Same ground wire thickeness came in that kit
You'd have to get a dmm and a long piece of 12g wire about 25ft then you can test the ohm resistance to your ground point . Walmart has a pretty nice yellow colored multi meter for about $20 I use fluke meters for my testing it needs to be 1/2 ohm or less ideal is 0 ohms

That amp was tested at 2 ohms, not one

it’s a 600 watt amp at 2 ohms. Your dual 4 wires to a final 2 ohm load. So, no it would not be a good idea to split that amps power to two subs wired at 1 ohm. That would 200-300 watts going to each 1200w rms sub.Get a new amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.