Will my sub work with my amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
I always recommend that the amp be at least twice as powerful. Accounting for impedance rise is usually a good idea to have much more than you need. Which amp, which sub?

Skv2 1500 1d 1500 mono block amp with a svr 12 1600 watt max speaker with 800 rms and dual voice coils so i can run 1500 watts at 1ohm for amp

Looks like a good match to me. As with anything, just be aware of what you are doing. If things sound like they are stressed out, they probably are. People don't usually blow speakers in an instant and if you hear things sounding fatigued or distorted, turn it down. In this scenario, it is very important to make sure you are not clipping, at all. You are already in a situation where you have more power than you need and are not trying to eke out every last drop of juice, on the contrary, I would even suggest that once you have established where your gain-setting "sweet" spot is, dial it back on the gains just a bit, you'll likely never hear the difference as even the first several hundred watts are going to be quite loud.

Your gain is the adjustment for how much you are amplifying the voltage. You can always dial down an amplifier.
Do this and you can set it to how much power you want the amp to send.

You can go some over RMS if you want and if your electrical can handle it. Amps aren't perfectly rated, and speakers can vary. Then when you start changing eq and bass settings you are increasing the power at specific frequencies. If you are clipping with double the power and clipping you need to know. You should be able to figure out how much to do from the video. (Also keep in mind, your head unit can cause clipping and have max rated voltage below the max volume).

So yep, looks like a winning combo!
Oh sweet i accidentally did it right hahahaha thx so much upgrading from my 275 rms sub 600rms amp. I hope this hits hard enough to vibrate my truck the 275rms sub wasnt really doing much barely hear it from outside with my window down and i ended up burning up voice coil trying to lol

Oh sweet i accidentally did it right hahahaha thx so much upgrading from my 275 rms sub 600rms amp. I hope this hits hard enough to vibrate my truck the 275rms sub wasnt really doing much barely hear it from outside with my window down and i ended up burning up voice coil trying to lol

Be careful or you can do the same. It’s a 2.6” coil and small basic motor on that sub. You really start pushing it for extended periods it can go poof. You are at the stage where you are going to keep upgrading, welcome to the addiction 😅

Lol awesome, one last question. It comes with a clip indicator on the bass nob does that tell me the amps clipping or my sub clipping? Thx in advance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...