Will I still get a sundown x 12 to flex with a JL 600.1v3?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Whoanow916

CarAudio.com Newbie
I know the sundown x12 is 1500rms. I been using a jl12w7 which is 750Rms with a jL600.1v3. i totally understand I'm under powering but eventually I want to upgrade the amp to jl hd1200.1 and alternator but not anytime soon. I'm just tired off my w7 and want spl.

I was wondering is there going to be a problem with the amp I have and sub I want (sundown x 12)? Will I get good spl with a JL slash 600.1v3 with sundown x12? Also should I go for 4ohms or 2ohms subwoofer?

Last edited:
Spl is not flex. "Flex" is just visual panel resonance. Flexing panels does not mean loud, as a matter of fact flexing panels are a source of lost output. Panels that flex are just thin flimsy sheetmetal panels with a low resonance point.

Out of pure curiosity, why dont you just re-enclose the 12W7?

I bet with a new box and some power added it'll do fine... I mean... jeez... you paid for it already

Out of pure curiosity, why dont you just re-enclose the 12W7?

I bet with a new box and some power added it'll do fine... I mean... jeez... you paid for it already
Well I had the 12w7 for over 12 years and it's been in all different types of boxes including a HO box. I guess I'm just tired of SQL. I need something to give me a massage. Maybe someone can send me a link to adjust my amplifier to the correct settings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.