Will I need better electrical?

Okay, can I just use the battery from my other car I don't use? Or does it have to be a kinetic or whatever? So big 3 and an extra battery? I never really figured out how the extra battery workss..

sry my first post was a little vague...

yes do the big 3.

check how bad your voltage dips... then from there make sure u have GREAT grounding points! after that may i suggest u get a batcap 3000 and replace ur battery up front and u will def be good to go!

edited my post...

So big 3 and an extra battery? Can I just use the battery in my old car I dont use (battery is 5 months old maybe) I never really figured out how the extra battery workss..

edited my post...
So big 3 and an extra battery? Can I just use the battery in my old car I dont use (battery is 5 months old maybe) I never really figured out how the extra battery workss..
no do not use a wet cell batt especially if u plan on mounting it inside ur car! they release harmful fumes that contain toxins. do the big 3 and get a batcap to replace ur stock battery! If that is not good enough get an H.O. alt and u will def. be good to go!

/thread

Well what if it was mounted in the tool box of my truck somehow? Are you sure it will be necessary with ~2500W?

Well what if it was mounted in the tool box of my truck somehow? Are you sure it will be necessary with ~2500W?
by the time u run all the 1/0 to the front and back that bat cap is looking really sexy by now! haha but an h.o. alt is probably not needed but not bad to have for later upgrades

Hurt'in for cash! I want to buy this treo ssx sub that can take 2500W daily...but now im thinking I cant afford it.

haha but an h.o. alt is probably not needed but not bad to have for later upgrades
2500W will take 181A at 100% efficiency. Realistically (and still being quite optimistic), 80% efficient will leave you with 217A. With the stock alternator being probably 110A (140A even, who knows), he'll still be lacking MAJORLY. Unless you are only planning on listening to your music for short periods of time, I'd suggest a bigger alternator. Mind you, you'll rarely see full power draw, but even at mid-high volumes your alternator won't be able to keep up, and having more battery space won't help that for long periods of play time. Even at 2/3 volume that's 145A.

Hurt'in for cash! I want to buy this treo ssx sub that can take 2500W daily...but now im thinking I cant afford it.
dont buy anything u cant afford! dont buy if your spectacle! but dont settle for less! save ur cash up and wait for good deals!

I have an '04 Dodge 1500 as well. I know the hemi comes with a 160 amp alt, so not too bad there(if you have a hemi). I'd suggest doing the big three and getting a pair of big batts to run along with your stock batt.

Even with say a Kinetik 1400 under hood + 2400 in back and big 3 done your vehicle will definitely be struggling to handling 2500 watts daily. Sum seriously bad voltage drops will occur and you're gonna burn out your stock alt quite quickly.

If you're gonna be spending good money on a system anyways, don't be cheap and buy a nice HO alt. Then a batt under hood and one in the back just for the amp. I don't see what the point is of buying big power amps if u don't have the electrical to back it up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.