xs d3100

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdmferio13
10+ year member

feayfm
Central,PA
would it be okay to run the batt in trunk and run power sraight from ho alt instead of running it to front batt then back to back batt.i have a stock wet cell and dont wanna run the pm d3100 with it so i figured i could run it like this until i can get a batt for the front

well i wasnt sure i actually cant do the big 3 until i get a batt for up front but if i run a pos+ run from the alt direct to the amp i should be okay i think.You still have that 5100

...your front battery wouldnt charge if you didnt connect both batts together (if im reading that correctly, I may not have)

Or were you saying having leads off of the alternator going to each battery?

and they say as a supplement batt meaning with another good one that 1 d3100 are good for 4000 watts hmm.would i be okay hooking it to my front batt its a wet cell junk lol

...your front battery wouldnt charge if you didnt connect both batts together (if im reading that correctly, I may not have)
no i was going to have it hooked to the alt as well as the back one but no connection between the front and back batt

That should work but I would just upgrade your front battery when you have the money

(And both batteries will still be connected if you have them setup like that...they'll still be linked through their connections at the alternator, so this wont really keep them seperate..)

well the front batt is a walmart speacial piece of **** and then i got the d3100 in the rear i dont really want to run them together but wwith that connection they shouldnt effect each other

should i just wait then till i get a batt for up front i wana really put it on but dont want the batts to affect each other whats a cheap dry cell small battery i could buy dont have much money

And remember, when you connect the front and rear batt's...you want to fuse on both ends of your positive run(s) now that you have a positive terminal on both ends of the run (if you short out in the center of the run, current will be getting drawn from both batteries...if you only have a fuse near the front one, that'll blow but the short will continue with the 2nd battery and bad stuff happens)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jdmferio13

10+ year member
feayfm
jdmferio13
Central,PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date