will home depot cut my wood to dimension?

reed dollaz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ocala, FL
i dont know if they do this or not. and if so how much do they charge? ive never made a box before and i dont want to screw up. i have everything i need and more to do any kind of fabrication, ive just never done it. if not home depot, what other places might cut it to my dimensions for me? and if i do it myself ill start my first build log so you can tell me how sh!tty i am at building boxes lul

usually first cut is free...each additional cut I'm thinking 50 cents or so...they are usually off up to a 1/2 inch...but If you talk to the cutter maybe throw him a $10 spot ...he can probally get you some precise cuts...They can't do angles...only straight cuts...so you are limited

usually first cut is free...each additional cut I'm thinking 50 cents or so...they are usually off up to a 1/2 inch...but If you talk to the cutter maybe throw him a $10 spot ...he can probally get you somme precise cuts...They can't do angles...only straight cuts...so you are limited
well im pretty sure all my cuts are straight no angles that i can see. standars rectangle L ported box except re says cut angle is 90 degrees??

usually first cut is free...each additional cut I'm thinking 50 cents or so...they are usually off up to a 1/2 inch...but If you talk to the cutter maybe throw him a $10 spot ...he can probally get you some precise cuts...They can't do angles...only straight cuts...so you are limited
lol never charged me

anything i can do to make sure they keep it exact? lol. ill stay on their asses the whole time if i have to
If I was running the saw and you came in and did that I'd give you some fukd up cuts on purpose. Wrong attitude

they dont charge its free
first cut is free, every cut after that is $0.25. they use a cabinet saw and most do not know that the blade cuts 1/8 in off the wood. I am a vendor at HD and usually have to explain to ppl looking to get cuts to an exact measurement is about impossible. I usually get the cuts done for them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.