Will a Hifonics Brz1700.1d run stable at .75 ohms?

txdog27
10+ year member

Senior VIP Bad Ass Member
I just bought a Hifonics Brz1700.1d mono amplifier and was wanting to run a JL Audio 13 W7 off of it but the 13 W7's have dual 1.5 ohm voice coils. So I have to wire it for either 3 ohms or. 75 ohms. I know that the amp would run at 3 ohms but it would only put out about 900 watts. Will the amp handle a .75 ohm load with proper electrical setup and wiring?

The real question is will a w7 handle 1700+ watts? Im thinking no. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I am pretty sure the 900rms for 3-ohms would run just fine on the W7....why you would want to run that many watts to that sub is beyond me.

Just run it 3-ohms, which wont stress your electrical and call it a day. That or get a different amp or sub(s).....

u will kill that W7 within the first 2 days
yeah, the W7 will barely handle its rms. i wouldn't try it in fear of the sub blowing or ripping a tinsel lead etc. as far as the amp i believe it will be fine with VERY SOLID electrical. its 1 ohm stable, the overall impedance will rise back up to near or above 1 ohm. i have a btl 18 with dual 2 coils(really 1.4) im running .7 ohms before rise all day, and everything is fine. than again i have 2 batteries, a 250 amp alt, and 2 runs of 1/0 wiring to the back. i hold at about 13.5 volts.

so if you wanna blow your sub, go for it, the amp will put out its rms at that load, but the JL will most likely not handle that much power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.