Why the hate on Audiopipe ASPM models??

You did it wrong.

APSM is Korean now? You got the "schitty" part right though.

There are very few amps out there that I have not owned, tested and beat the crap out of so I can say this with utmost sincerity... AP is garbage.

If you're in the market for a "disposable" amp then by all means, get one of those little 1500's. Or for the GF's ride. Or if you're broke as a joke and just cannot muster up another 50 bucks for something better. Far be it from me to deny anyone some slap if they can't afford anything else. But for people that should know better, I find it laughable.

There's really no getting around it...

- Cheap

- Loud

- Reliable

Pick two. And guess which two AP is.
^^da truf.

all right heres whats gonna happen. I am going to run my saz and you guys can run whatever you want, sorry if I spoke out of my azz about ap but I will never run ap because I have no need to. sure ap might be a very good amp for cheap but I just will not run them for the same reason that I dont run dual, sure they get the job done but I just prefer other brands.
dual=ap? really? It's cheap, but not junk. I can speak up, I have one. Also, I have heard the older 1500d's do rated, but not clean. So I understand why you are saying what you saying. However, the apsm1500 has been proven to be a very good amp for the money. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a sundown. I know they are better. But I don't have that kind of $. The apsm is a very nice compromise. A little less efficient, but gets you there... cleanly. For much, much less.

I believe I saw a video on youtube showing how early the ASPM's began clipping their signal. I could be wrong and I also don't know if it was an older model, but would just like to throw this in the mix to see if there is anything behind it.

dual=ap? really? It's cheap, but not junk. I can speak up, I have one. Also, I have heard the older 1500d's do rated, but not clean. So I understand why you are saying what you saying. However, the apsm1500 has been proven to be a very good amp for the money. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a sundown. I know they are better. But I don't have that kind of $. The apsm is a very nice compromise. A little less efficient, but gets you there... cleanly. For much, much less.
thats what I was trying to get to, they are not junk but If I can afford something better I am going to buy the better product.

I'm running a apsm1500 and it was clamped at 1634w with no clipping. I've ran it full tilt on a few long drives and it takes it no problem. That's with my garbage electrical as well.

I should add that it's not so much AP that I hate... it's AP nuthuggers and their attitude. Like they're friggin geniuses and everyone else is idiots who overpaid for their amp.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it again... There is one piece of my system that I absolutely refuse to comprimise on. And that's my sub amp. And that's why I've run everything from AP to Stetsom. Maxxsonics to Cactus. And everything in between looking for the best.

And no, I don't just run amps because they cost more or what they have on the badge. I tested DC amps too and guess what? Overpriced, overhyped badge whore of an amp.

I should add that it's not so much AP that I hate... it's AP nuthuggers and their attitude. Like they're friggin geniuses and everyone else is idiots who overpaid for their amp.
I've said it a million times and I'll say it again... There is one piece of my system that I absolutely refuse to comprimise on. And that's my sub amp. And that's why I've run everything from AP to Stetsom. Maxxsonics to Cactus. And everything in between looking for the best.

And no, I don't just run amps because they cost more or what they have on the badge. I tested DC amps too and guess what? Overpriced, overhyped badge whore of an amp.
Yep!

You did it wrong.

APSM is Korean now? You got the "schitty" part right though.

There are very few amps out there that I have not owned, tested and beat the crap out of so I can say this with utmost sincerity... AP is garbage.

If you're in the market for a "disposable" amp then by all means, get one of those little 1500's. Or for the GF's ride. Or if you're broke as a joke and just cannot muster up another 50 bucks for something better. Far be it from me to deny anyone some slap if they can't afford anything else. But for people that should know better, I find it laughable.

There's really no getting around it...

- Cheap

- Loud

- Reliable

Pick two. And guess which two AP is.
I was wrong about the korean part. My mistake, it is made in China... but it does what i need it too without a hitch... so i can't complain. My brother has one too, and likes it just as much. we're not competing with the **** things. We just like to sound decent for what we can afford. Nothing wrong with that

thats what I was trying to get to, they are not junk but If I can afford something better I am going to buy the better product.
As you should. I would too. But don't be a **** just because some can't afford the best.

New Audiopipe 3500 seems to have the same board as a few others that people get a ****** over around here. If you can get new with warranty I can't see you going too far wrong. Nothing I'd run, but I'm a bit of a snob about amps and arrange my priorities to buy what I like.

I am not an audiopipe nuthugger, no attitude here, i'm not a genious, ...and if you have a quality product, that makes you happy, at a price you can live with you can live with,didn't overpay. However i feel like some people have gone a bit overboard on their criticism.

This. is a justifiable reason.

Its like AMD vs Intel.

I'd rather (and will) spend more money on an Intel processor than an AMD processor, because I am a enthusiast like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.