why is this so expensive?

Could be an over seas site, and im sure since you can't really find them new anymore they assume that can charge that much, or maybe they always overcharge.

None of you realize those ratings are at 14.4 volts, which you never see, especially under load, unless you've spend 500+ on a 16v alternator alone, and a few nice batteries and caps and of course all the proper wiring.

They aren't really "over" rated, they are more "properly" rated, as to say they produce their actual advertised power at around 12 volts. So your "1200 watt" t10001bd is really 1000 watts at roughly 12 volts. If your electrical system is beefy enough to output 14.4volts under a roughly 90 amp load, you may see 1200 watts.

Volts x Amps = Watts (RMS)

RF,JL and many other brands think because they have established brand NAMES they can charge more and they do .

Its up to YOU the consumer to figure out what brands offer the same performance for less money.

I can think of many....but if you like owning the names by all means buy it up...

I paid 135 for the sub. 600 for the amp. 115 for the deck. All Brand new.

So, stick with the no-names, if you can't find brand names at wholesale.

Oh, any no-names make an amp with RIPS technology?? How about subs with active heat sinks for cooling?? Do they put every sub through a 24-hour full-power QA stress test before they ship them out??

Face it guys, you get what you pay for. There's no way around it.

Ok, you obviously don't even know what RIPS is or does, and have never seen or heard a new T1. So, that makes your opinion worthless to me.
Memphis? Seriously? JUNK. I see them fried every day. Zapco? Better hope you have a constant 14.4 volts under load. Also, I prefer not to buy my stereo equipment from the same company that makes alarms, remote starts, and keyless entries.
theres nothing wrong with memphis lol especially when the amp is smaller, puts out cleaner power and actually does around 1350 at 14.4 for 150 bucks. someone tell this kid whats up.

i heard a t1 and 4 t2s, i was not impressed

Ok, you obviously don't even know what RIPS is or does, and have never seen or heard a new T1. So, that makes your opinion worthless to me.
Memphis? Seriously? JUNK. I see them fried every day. Zapco? Better hope you have a constant 14.4 volts under load. Also, I prefer not to buy my stereo equipment from the same company that makes alarms, remote starts, and keyless entries.

Oh, and my 1000 watts is FAR SUPERIOR to ANYTHING you will ever try to throw at me. I have 1000 TRUE WATTS as low as 11 volts. So when my lights dim, I still have 1000 watts, and you have 800, maximum. Not to mention superior signal to noise ratio (95db) and THD (.05%) with a damping factor of 500 or higher. You can't beat it. Try to, seriously, show me a 1000wrms amp that does all of that!
ur lights dim? i have news for you, if ur lights dim u rnt getting that kind of wattage. and listen boss thats just my buddys small set up we threw together for 300 bucks. you wanna talk about how great your stuff is? keep telling these guys hpw great it is

Lol, this thread went way outta control. You do need good electrical to get the most out of these amps, but I did manage to pick up a Power 1500bd a while back for $275 brand new. Was one of the best deals I ever got off CL. I turned around and sold it a couple months later for $550. Haha. Blessed I was.

Lol, this thread went way outta control. You do need good electrical to get the most out of these amps, but I did manage to pick up a Power 1500bd a while back for $275 brand new. Was one of the best deals I ever got off CL. I turned around and sold it a couple months later for $550. Haha. Blessed I was.
just some kid that knows less than he thinks he does, and here i am trying to bless him with a little knowledge and i get a warning. sounds fair and necessary to me.

ur lights dim? i have news for you, if ur lights dim u rnt getting that kind of wattage. and listen boss thats just my buddys small set up we threw together for 300 bucks. you wanna talk about how great your stuff is? keep telling these guys hpw great it is
RIPS TECHNOLOGY - delivers RATED POWER between 11 and 14 volts. NOT at ONE voltage, a voltage RANGE. That means when my VOLTAGE DROPS I get the SAME POWER. Ok, it's BRILLIANT, and EVERY amp should be designed like that, but they won't because it COSTS MONEY.

I'm not explaining it to you again. I don't care if it's beyond your thought processes to comprehend something like that. It is what it is, look it up, go buy one, stop forcing your uninformed, inexperienced OPINIONS down my throat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.