Why is the Sundown SAZ-1500D twice as expencive as the SAE-1200D?

The 1500 is way more durable and better built/designed . It will handle loads under 1 ohm no problem and last. The SAE-1200D is a great budget amp and does great at 1 ohm nominal but it doesn't really like to be played continuously below that. As far as better parts I don't think there is any huge differences in the quality of the actual semiconductors in either of these amps as even the SAE-1200D uses International Rectifier and Fairchild Semi in the power supply and output section respectively which are darn good parts. One huge difference between them though is actual build quality as in how they are assembled. The board used in the 1200D is a single sided pcb and is no doubt much cheaper than the 1500D and is not secured into the heatsink as well either. The quality of the solder joints is superior on the 1500D. I know that the SAE-1200D I have here has mismatched date code parts in the output section which I doubt you would see in the 1500D. The part may be technically the same but different batches have slightly different characteristics and although they may work just fine together they are not as reliable as an output section full of matching date coded parts. The 1200D also doesn't like to see too much more than 15 volts power input. This isn't a knock on the 1200D by any means. It is an awesome "budget" amp . The 1500D is a great high end amp and well worth the extra coin if you plan on wiring below 1 ohm . If you can live at 1 ohm nominal or higher than the 1200D should last you a long time as well.
I belive the SAe v.2 has a double sided.

id still consider that 1ohm.. wire the sae1200 to half an ohm and get "1ohm" after rise and you'll end up frying it regardless of your electrical

and your fillin nub cake tcs mind that hes gonna get 1700rms from his sae if he wires it to 2ohm

id still consider that 1ohm.. wire the sae1200 to half an ohm and get "1ohm" after rise and you'll end up frying it regardless of your electrical and your fillin nub cake tcs mind that hes gonna get 1700rms from his sae if he wires it to 2ohm
If you think that wiring it to .5 ohm before rise will kill it then you really dont understand box rise. You need to do some tests and figure some stuff out.

If you think that wiring it to .5 ohm before rise will kill it then you really dont understand box rise. You need to do some tests and figure some stuff out.
only real way to calculate it is too do testing yes i understand that but im not gonna argue because i have nothing to gain from this but w/e

then enlighten me on how you keep box rise down

Since im only planning on using the amp for my daily driving car, i decided to go with the SAE-1200D. I have no intention of competing nor of setting it below 1 ohm

thanks

only real way to calculate it is too do testing yes i understand that but im not gonna argue because i have nothing to gain from this but w/e then enlighten me on how you keep box rise down
There is no way to completely eliminate box rise except obviously, without a box. Your box rise goes down as the size of the box goes down but obvously a smaller box will effect the type and amount of output. There will always be 2 sides to it.

you have to calculate all of the imp rise when you're figuring at at what impedance the amp is putting power out at.. the amp see's that load, after the rise so it's actually putting the power out @ 2ohms which is all that matters, not how you wired it.

u lookin for a saz 1500 amp i have 1 that i'm tryin to sell to get a bigger amp for ny DD 9512 it's only about 4 months old but i just recently hooked it up about 2 weeks ago with no marks on it at all text me 504-382-4703 i will text u pix of it if you are interested

The SAZ costs almost twice as much to make - that is why it costs almost twice as much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I understand your logic behind this statement but why would anyone not be concerned? Impedance rise = less power
So?

As long as they're getting the volume they want, does it really matter?

My point is, it varies so much over the bandwidth, that worrying about a specific frequency is useless...for competition, controlling the impedance peaks is crucial because you don't have that bandwidth, only a point frequency.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.