Why is my voltage drop so awful?

Why? A 20' run of 4 ga. KLMX can handle 100A of current, and my run is probably around 6', unfused. Combined with the factory 8 ga. wire, that's more than enough capacity to run 136A of current.

1/0 KCA to the rear, fused at 250A by both batteries.

Technically I guess it would but still it's only going to help running 1/0. You can never do enough to beef up your electrical. Where is it dropping to 11.8 at? The rear battery? The amp?

my alt is 136a, stock battery, random ebay 4 guage wire, AQ1200D amp, 14.4 volts.

BIG 3??? who needs it???

seriously idk whats wrong, i just measured mine yesterday and i got literally 14.4 -14.2 volts right at the amp, i ran a single long wire from batt under all my side panel stuff, all the way to the amp. no fuses, no distro block.

So it drops almost 1 volt from the back battery to the amp? How far away is that?
5-8 ft. probably.

my alt is 136a, stock battery, random ebay 4 guage wire, AQ1200D amp, 14.4 volts.BIG 3??? who needs it???

seriously idk whats wrong, i just measured mine yesterday and i got literally 14.4 -14.2 volts right at the amp, i ran a single long wire from batt under all my side panel stuff, all the way to the amp. no fuses, no distro block.
You drive a Dakota (or Mitsu equivalent) too, just a newer one. Hm...

Use 1/0 for your Big 3....WTF is this 4ga sh*t?
Congrats on showing your ignorance. Please see the logical explanation above before jumping on the bandwagon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

have you checked all of your grounds?
How should I check them?

With the engine off, I rest at 12.65 at the front battery, 12.65 at the rear battery (no voltage drop, so I'm assuming ground is fine? Or am I wrong for assuming that?) and 12.63 at the amp. Slight drop at the amp, but I wouldn't think it would be enough to cause a problem...

Ok the voltage there should be a TON closer to each other. Check your connections and grounds.
Did you mean the batteries should be a ton closer to each other?

Or that the voltage should be a ton more with the batteries that close to each other?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.