Why is my old amp so much better than my new more powerful /expensive amp.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dragonfister
10+ year member

Canada
ok so here is the deal.

Replaced a Alpine 1000 watt @2ohm amp ( mrd 1005) with a Exhile 2500.1

The new amp was installed at a local shop and with 1/0 guage power and grounds, Everything was done right , now here is the problem its a lot weaker than even myy old amp ....

The sub its powering is a 13w7 in a ported box which the alpine made pound very hard , my new amp makes me feel like i have a 8 inch kenwood in a sealed box.

They set my gains and everything , im lost here as its a huge night and day diff between the two.

what could it be? im considering returning the amp since it cost 388 ( door crasher) and installing it was 250 ,basicaly i feel ripped off my 200 dollar ebay amp kills it in every way.

i think the exile 2500 isnt tru power i think it states 1500 at 1ohm!!! i double checked cuz i know that they make a 1500.1 as well which if ur sub is wired to 1.5 then it would probably see less watts than what ur alpine was giving it

I'd set the gains myself and check the wiring.

And I just looked over their site, and you get an extra year warranty on their subwoofer if you run one of THEIR amps with it. Which is just BS, and reason enough for me to not buy from them. But I haven't heard anything bad. Should be doing rated power @ 1 ohm, 2500w. I hope they don't have it set for 2500w though.

Also, do you have the proper electrical to support a powerful amp like this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.