why is my amp cutting off? getting hot?

slconde
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
my setup:

stock 160 amp alt

stock battery (main), kinetik 2400 (subs) and kinetik 600 (mids/high)

zx2500-subs

zx650.4-mids/highs

i dont know why but when im bumping for a few mintues, my mids and highs amp turns off than comes bak on. i dont understand y it would be doin that especially cuz it has its own kinetik. also, my amps are always so **** hot even if im not punding real hard and im just listening to it at half or less volume.

i know the ohms is correct. cuz ive always had my mid/highs amp hooked the same since my old amp and i never had a problem. i only had probs when i replaced my kickerzx1500 with the zx2500. do u think becuz i have my mids/highs amp grounded to my kinetik ground and from there to the main bat and from the main bat to the frame?

get a better ground thicker wire and try to find the best location to groud the system as well as the battery it would be the simplest and easiest to do before anything else

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.