why have special wire

It doesn't matter. The more people that realize this, the more people that will save money. As long as you get enough fibres that your wire is flexible enough to fit your application, brand does not matter.

The main differences in wires are the strands and guage, and oxygen content in the copper. other than that there are no appreciable differences.

More strands make the wire more flexible

Gauge, well you should know this but, smaller gauge number= larger wire= more current capacity

the more oxygen free the wire, the longer it will last, and the less resistance it will have

You could use 14 ga. house wire in place of 14 gauge speaker/power wire. but house wire is rarely stranded and very hard to string through a vehicle. With my first install I used a cord off an old vacuum to run a 80 watt amp, it worked great.

the main concern is the size of the wire, as long as it can carry the current safely theres no concern.

Exactly...wire is wire - as long as you have the proper gauge you should be alright. Why people pay more for brand name wiring, I dont know - maybe they want a sticker or the ability to say, " I have Rockford Fosgate wiring and you dont "...whatever, lol.

There are a few differences. For one the expensive stuff will look better. Now I am sure that power wire is power wire. But be carefull when buying Rca cables. I made the mistake of buying cheap rca cables and they were crap. If you moved them too much they would cut out and they would also fall off of the back of my cd player.

hey all u guys, do me a favour! go to a dB Drag comp with all ur funny wire! see how many dB's you get! then change all your wire to ofc, go back again and tell me if you pushed a few extra dB's of not://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Originally posted by crazydude133 There are a few differences. For one the expensive stuff will look better. Now I am sure that power wire is power wire. But be carefull when buying Rca cables. I made the mistake of buying cheap rca cables and they were crap. If you moved them too much they would cut out and they would also fall off of the back of my cd player.
here we go again....

Originally posted by manta hey all u guys, do me a favour! go to a dB Drag comp with all ur funny wire! see how many dB's you get! then change all your wire to ofc, go back again and tell me if you pushed a few extra dB's of not:
no one has said not to go w/ ofc....infact we have all said get ofc and use it....

Originally posted by manta hey all u guys, do me a favour! go to a dB Drag comp with all ur funny wire! see how many dB's you get! then change all your wire to ofc, go back again and tell me if you pushed a few extra dB's of not://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

99% of the wire sold today is " oxygen free". With that being said there is no such thing as completely oxygen free wire, unless you live in a vaccum. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif With that being said, wire is wire. As long as it's the right gauge your good as gold. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by ramos completely oxygen free wire, unless you live in a vaccum. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif wire is wire. As long as it's the right gauge your good as gold. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Lol @ your first statement....its funny, Ive never heard it been put likethat before...it is true though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif Why do some people believe that certain wire is better than the other?

And yet again, people still dont get it....have to go out and buy a brand name amp kit and then they wonder why they dont have any $$$ left....

http://www.knukoncepts.com - I think that is the web site, not sure of the spelling - but I really like their amp kits;)

EDIT - //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif link doesnt work....maybe someone can give me the real one....

And yet again, people still dont get it....have to go out and buy a brand name amp kit and then they wonder why they dont have any $$$ left....

I must say,,, You are right (at least i think so) but seriously,,, if you want to build a nice looking stereo is the lamp cord really gonna look very cool.. But yah, if ur gonna hide all ur wires anyway,,, i guess it doesnt matter.

Check out the stuff from knukonceptz. It looks just as good as the more expensive alternatives. But it's hella cheaper. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.