Why does my zx2500.1 sound like crap

Thor200587

My buddies all have systems and I wanted to be the best. I have had luck with kicker before so I got a zx2500.1 and wired it to 2 s10l7's. It just doesn't sound good. The woofers fart at higher volumes, btw it it wired to 4 ohms at the amp which as I understand should be perfect. I have a diesel so I have two batteries putting out over 800 cold cranking amps, and I am running 0 awg wire from the battery. I also have a I believe h600 but as Im told is equal to 100 farads. I'm just mad because when I plug on of my subs into my buddies american legacy amp which I've never heard of one sub pounds twice as hard as both in my system. On top of that my other friend that has an sx650.1 and two cvrs pound harder than mine. Sorry for the long message but I wanted to be thorough. Any help is appreciated.

you tried your box and subs with another amp? if they sound better than that means you probably have the settings on your amp messed up. likely culprit - the bass boost knob. turn it down and then set the gains right. otherwise, can you run your subs to the amp at 2 ohms? that would give you more power to work with.

you tried your box and subs with another amp? if they sound better than that means you probably have the settings on your amp messed up. likely culprit - the bass boost knob. turn it down and then set the gains right. otherwise, can you run your subs to the amp at 2 ohms? that would give you more power to work with.
I have tried every combination I can think of in terms of gain bass boost and the sub output on the deck. the subs are dual 4 ohm so they can be wired at 1 or 4 ohms to the amp

Turn your sub-output on your deck all the way up, turn your bass boost all the way down and then re-set your gains with your volume at 75% and all x-overs affecting the amp off...

have you tried your box with another amp? and is it ported? if so, what size/tuning are you working with?
its in a sealed box, and I'm pretty sure that its not the problem because, like I said, I hooked up only one the subs to my friends amp in his car and it set of an alarm a house and a half down the street. I read something about kicker amps needing 14.4 volts, is this true and is that 100 farad battery thing better than a farad cap?

Wait wait are all the subs in a single chamber? Maybe the box is too small....

Do you have SSF on? take a pic of yoru settings if you can and your box.

Id say its some kind of electrical issue. Check the voltage on your amp and check your grounds. Try and get the voltage as close to 14.4v as possible that setup should demolish your friends set up.

i would think that there is something wrong with your settings on the amp. and you should definately get a PROPERLY designed ported box. L7's shine in ported boxes. get a good box, figure out your amp, and your buddies cvrs will be nothing.

Get a properly designed ported box and let them l7's wang. And set your gains correctly. Sub volume on your head unit all the way up and bass boost off.

you have the amp wired at 4 ohm, it's a 2 ohm mono amp, your not getting full power. You need dual 2's, adn if the woofers sound like that, it's the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.