Why does my amp power on with only positive and remote, no ground?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Junztyle

CarAudio.com Newbie
I was given a DubAudioMag bass tube. Its hold an 8inch subwoofer and is powered by its own amp(attached to back of basstube) but the wiring harness has been lost. It doesnt have the traditional wire terminals for power ground and remote. Its has a plug intead that has the ground n remote n positive all together. So i removed the back of bass tube to access inner amp wiring n tapped into the negative and positive and remote n ran wires out of enclosure through a small hole i drilled. Then when i began to wire it in the vehicle. I only got the positive connected and then the remote and the blue light came on (power indicator) but the ground wire is not hooked to nothin. So basically the amp is powering on with out a ground. Why ?

Last edited:
The power circuit can get to ground through other paths than just the ground wire -- most commonly, the signal wires. This is not good as the signal path is only built to carry a small fraction of an amp. This is also why all your "how to install an amp" procedures have "connect 12v+ wire" listed last.

your not giving enough info could you post a picture of it actually hooked up in the car the stock picture ain’t enough you could’ve hooked up wrong, I might be wrong but please post picture of the thing actually hooked up

One wire is suppose to go to your battery under your hood and the ground wire suppose to go as close to your amp as possible your rca wire & remote wire is suppose to be ran opposite side of car as the positive wire so how did you do it????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.