Why does everyone use a JBL 1200.1?

Originally posted by 1QuikS4 What is this amp?

And why is it so popular?

I was always under the impression that "JBL" was "Junky But Loud" and wasn't all that good? Am i just hearing things wrong?
It's so popular because it does what it advertises and is pretty cheap. Puts out a little over 1200RMS at 2 ohms. May not have all the fancy bells and whistles, but does its job.

yup, i agree with everyone else so far. i have the 600.1 and it performs great! and i'm looking into the 1200.1 now, it puts out tons of power for cheap(cheap price, but not cheap quality) It is one of the best amps out there for the money. only prob is that it doesn't have a subsonic filter for ported applications, but that can easily be solved with an inline filter for like $20. but, yeah....i disagree with the junky but loud statement...that could be(not sure) referring to their subs, but not their amps. peace

NG

I love my 1200.1. It was well worth the $230 i paid for it. It puts out lots of power and it sounds good while doing it. I'll let you know how it does when i get my XXX hooked up to it.

Originally posted by ridered36 Have any ides!?!?
For the box? Post something up in the Box Forum. I'm trying to figure something out for a single 10" XXX, myself.

Give RE a call (* (702)896-4823 *), or e-mail them (* tech@respl.com *), explain your situation and come back with some numbers and we could narrow it down.

- Steve

I am the same way..I'm still trying to figure at a good vented box for a 10" RE xxx...I wont be pushing a lot of wattage to it for a while, just around 1000-1100 or a hair more, but thats enough to just enjoy half the SUBS potential...Ss3079.Do u have a RE? If not where are u getting one from?

Blake

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.