Why does everyone hate on Jensen?

91Sunbird
10+ year member

Why does everyone talk crap on Jensen? They are coming out with some great stuff, and I think Jensen it delivers really good sound. They made a CD recievier with a built in cd changer inside. Jensen also mad e 60watt x 4 cd reciever, thats alotta freakin power. Ive never found a cd player with that many watts! What is so wrong with Jensen? Are you guys mad because you spent so much on another brand, and Jensen can compete with it? I know Jensen does some sh*tty stuff, but they make alot of great stuff too.

Pyle looks like a cheap brand. Is is just like pyramid?

Nobody really "hates" on Jensen in here. Now if you were talking Pyramid or Sony that would be a different story.

First off, the 60 x 4 is peak and not rms, so the figure is meaningless. Second, we have found many superior products to Jensen for not much more in the way of dollars. And you'd be suprised at what some of these people in here payed for their systems, much less than most would think.

Jensen is a decent company in its price range, no doubt, but it can't compete at much above that level without a master installer, which 98% of us aren't.

jensen isn't worth the money, specially there amps(weak), for the price they charge, you can get a little jbl 300.1 for 150 bucks that would beat mostly all of their amps they make in watts(jensen bs's their true wattage)

Sunbird,

I'm not going to argue with you, I know it would do no good anyways. After spending some time on this forum you will see how that wattage is both fudged and meaningless at the same time.

Originally posted by 91Sunbird Why does everyone talk crap on Jensen? They are coming out with some great stuff, and I think Jensen it delivers really good sound. They made a CD recievier with a built in cd changer inside. Jensen also mad e 60watt x 4 cd reciever, thats alotta freakin power. Ive never found a cd player with that many watts! What is so wrong with Jensen? Are you guys mad because you spent so much on another brand, and Jensen can compete with it? I know Jensen does some sh*tty stuff, but they make alot of great stuff too.
you are kidding right? alpine has a far cleaner output and its 60x4 ...like it matters anyway cause thats an exagerated number all deck manufactures do this funny thing is if you rate them rms it would be closer to 25 watts rms...alpine had the in dash cd changer in 97 eclipse has one now ...dont even think i like alpine you pay attention too much to stickers and not enough to what is really going on. only 1 brand of deck gets replaced more than jensen where i work at and that is audiovox ...now jensen has its place but not in my system maybe yours which is cool but by all means dont come here preaching to me about this being awesome or that being awesome and how i wasted my money ect ect cause reguardless what you say i will be sittin back laughin my a$$ off that someone believes everything a manufacture puts on a box or sticker cause weather u realize it or not there is really no regulation to what they put on it ........ and here is another word of advice if it has a multi peice harness it has it for the reason that they get REPLACED ALOT and they already EXPECT it!!!!!!!!!

OHMS LAW TO POWER

POWER =VOLTAGE X CURRENT

YOUR CAR IS BETWEEN 12V AND 14.2

SO WE ALREADY KNOW 1 NUMBER TO PUT INTO THIS EQUATION

WHAT IS THE FUSE SIZE OF THIS DECK? 10 AMPS 20 AMPS? FOR ARGUEMENTS SAKE LETS JUST TAKE THE 20 -(I HAVE INSTALLED 2000 + DECKS IN MY LIFE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LARGER THAN 15 AMPS) BUT WE WILL TAKE THE 20

NOW THAT WE HAVE OR NUMBERS CAUSE IF IT DRAWS MORE THAN 20 AMPS THE LITTLE FUSE WILL BLOW

14VOLTS X 20AMPS=280 WATTS WOW 280 WATTS WAIT A MINUTE THAT IS PEAK POWER MY BAD NOW NOTHING MADE IS 100% EFFICIENT THIS IS AT BEST A VERY CRAPPY A/B OUTPUT AMP SINCE ITS VERY SMALL AND SHARES THE SAME SPACE WITH A CD PLAYER SO I WILL GIVE IT A GRACIOUS 70% EFFICIENCY RATING JUST FOR A LAUGH .7 X 280 WATTS PEAK= 196 WATTS PEAK SO JUST BEFOR IT BLOWS ITS VERY LARGE FUSE AND A VERY FORGIVING EFFICIENCY RATING YOUR 240 WATT CD PLAYER IS ALREADY DOWN TO 196 WATTS PEAK..WELL WAIT A MINUTE DOESNT THE CD PLAYER MOTOR AND FACE AND LIGHTS NEED POWER TOO? O MY GOSH YES IT DOES AGAIN JUST FOR SAYING ITS A GREAT HIGH END PEICE WE WILL SAY THAT EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE CD PLAYER JUST NEEDS 10% OF THAT POWER .... NOW WE ARE DOWN TO 176.4 WATTS PEAK GEE WIZ 240 WATTS IS ALREADY DOWN TO 176.4 JUST BEFORE IT BLOWS HMMM TOO BAD RMS POWER (ITS REAL AVERAGE POWER BETWEEN 20HZ AND 20KHZ) IS ABOUT HALF THAT SO NOW WE ARE DOWN TO 88.2 WATTS RMS WOW!!!!!! DIVIDE THAT BY 4 THATS 22.05 WATTS PER CHANNEL JUST BEFORE IT GOES POOF. WANNA ARGUE? LEARN ABOUT ELECTRONICS THEN YOU WILL SEE I WAS MORE THAN FORGIVING WITH MY RATING....YOU DONT LISTEN TO 1KHZ TEST TONES TO 2% DISTORTION AND IF I AM SO WRONG WHY DOES A 100 WATT JENSEN AMP HAVE A LARGER FUSE THAN THE DECK? AND WHY IS THE AMP BIGGER THAN THE DECK? WHY DOES THE JENSEN 100 WATT AMP HAVE FAR BIGGER WIRE INPUTS THAN THE DECK? DOES THE JENSEN MAKE POWER? NO IT USES POWER.......................HAVE A SWELL DAY:rolleyes:

Originally posted by wesleysh Nobody really "hates" on Jensen in here. Now if you were talking Pyramid or Sony that would be a different story.

Hey now....

Want to take a stab at my CDX-C910? :p

Quad 20 bit burr-brown DAC's, optical out, copper shielded chassis, and a slew of nothing more than pure SQ design implementation....

I'll take my sony and wipe the floor with ya... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by audiolife HMMM TOO BAD RMS POWER (ITS REAL AVERAGE POWER BETWEEN 20HZ AND 20KHZ) IS ABOUT HALF THAT SO NOW WE ARE DOWN TO 88.2 WATTS RMS WOW!!!!!! DIVIDE THAT BY 4 THATS 22.05 WATTS PER CHANNEL JUST BEFORE IT GOES POOF.
Actually the correct figure to use would be .707 to acquire the root mean square of the peak wave...

/me ducks flying objects coming my way from audiolife...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nah its a jensen so .707 is too good i have the formula (actually 2) but as u see it sorta falls in the way of just showing him how stuff works rather than being exact..more princaple than anything..besides you try using a solar powered calculator in the dark:D

Jlaine,

I never said anything about Sony, just that it is hated on in these forums. I had the 754HX (75w x 4) amp of theirs and would own it again for the right price, worked fine for me.

ok well jensen isnt top of the line but there subs and speakers are decent for the price. one of my friends had a pair of them bumpin pretty hard but im prettty sure it was mostly inclosure but if you took the time and effort you might be able to make a decent system from jensen. there stuff is mostly entry level but for the price they ask you can look around on the net and find better prices or somthin comparable. i still have a set of jensen hooked up in my room LOL theyre hooked to my receiver and for 35 dollars they dont sound to bad.

at thr "retail" level they arent that bad amp and speakerwise...compared to net prices if you ask me you are an idiot not taking advantage....talkin that price bracket where jensen is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.