Why do you need the BIG 3 on stock electrical?

Don't worry kid the boss audio equipment your cousin kissin azz can afford will be fine on your stock electrical lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Back to the swamp now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmao apparently they dont get the concept you're only pushing so much power and the stock wires can handle that so what's the difference?

We only accept people who understand the science. People who come in here and spew bull**** usually have a very short stay around here.
Very much this^

Really? Shouldn't you be banned for this? Telling somebody to die for a conversation? Where do you live? This can't be acceptable on a car audio forum. I know I upset all you BIG 3 users, but telling me to die, that's a stretch isn't it? lol
A lot worse has gone on here. That is acceptable.

You don't like my thread, leave, you shouldn't be able to ban me because you don't like me or you disagree. I'm 17 for your information. You also threatened to kill me? You should be banned. I have something called the 1st Amendment you know, because I live in the United States. I also have the 2nd Amendment and I dare you to come to my house.
I'm 17 too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

If you have excellent voltage you don't have very much resistance if any. I'm not spewing ********, until somebody PROVES me wrong, I'm right. Ya'll just don't get it, so drop it and don't reply. I guarantee you your mechanics are having field days on you making a ton of $.

If you have excellent voltage you don't have very much resistance if any. I'm not spewing ********, until somebody PROVES me wrong, I'm right. Ya'll just don't get it, so drop it and don't reply. I guarantee you your mechanics are having field days on you making a ton of $.
You are spewing bullshit.

So you made a thread asking a question, then decide to argue with everyone who is trying to help you understand the answer?

By the way, I do my own vehicle repairs and take an automotive technical class.

What is your deal?

The science proves everyone right but you. Its your job to prove us wrong.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I don't want to argue anymore in the thread, if you do want to argue PM me, I dare you to PROVE me wrong.
Way to back down. You must be conceding the fact that we are right.

I think I already have. Your stock wires with a stock alternator is fine. When you upgrade alternators you need bigger wires. It's common sense. I'm done.

I think I already have. Your stock wires with a stock alternator is fine. When you upgrade alternators you need bigger wires. It's common sense. I'm done.
But your logical is flawed. Cars come from the factory with their lights dimming proving that the big 3 is not sufficient from the factory. Science and electrical properties also prove you wrong. Your common sense is terrible.

I don't know what kind of car your buying, but if the lights dim from the factory you need to carry that SOB back because it's s*****. A lot of cars come with LED's now that don't draw much power and don't dim. No car that I know of from the factory has electrical problems. It's good to know that you know more than car manufacturers though, I need you to build me a car. Why doesn't somebody make a video testing this theory and prove yourself right instead of replacing some wires. I guess if your car is 15+ years old it's going to dim because of old wires that have built up resistance and lost the ability to carry voltage as efficiently as they used to.

I don't know what kind of car your buying, but if the lights dim from the factory you need to carry that SOB back because it's s*****. A lot of cars come with LED's now that don't draw much power and don't dim. No car that I know of from the factory has electrical problems. It's good to know that you know more than car manufacturers though, I need you to build me a car. Why doesn't somebody make a video testing this theory and prove yourself right instead of replacing some wires. I guess if your car is 15+ years old it's going to dim because of old wires that have built up resistance and lost the ability to carry voltage as efficiently as they used to.
Again I dont think you can comprehend or read. You may want to go over the last 6 pages and re-read the thread.

The way science works is someone has a theory and a hypothesis. They do testing and either prove it or dont. In this case, science has proven the majority of posters in this thread right and you wrong and is backed by data that can be recreated in testing. If you wish to over turn the scientific evidence then you must prove that it is wrong.

IF you want to get technical, newer cars' voltage regulator is computer controlled and generally forces the voltage to run at or very slightly higher than the battery's rest voltage so any quick burst in current draw will NOT be noticeable in your example because most newer vehicles are not designed to maintain higher voltages to preserve fuel economy.

Nice try but we know that too.

IF you want to get technical, newer cars' voltage regulator is computer controlled and generally forces the voltage to run at or very slightly higher than the battery's rest voltage so any quick burst in current draw will NOT be noticeable in your example because most newer vehicles are not designed to maintain higher voltages to preserve fuel economy.
Nice try but we know that too.
Yeah, my truck's stock alt was PCM controlled. Depending on conditions, the computer told the alternator to maintain a specific voltage between 12.9v and 14.7v. Cruising on the interstate, it saved gas by maintaining 12.9.

Now I run dual high output alts that are internally regulated

Ok, you are now getting back on topic and i will go back and say the SAME thing again i said before..
AMPERAGE is NOT the only factor in wire sizing.

Please say that 100x before replying.

The larger the wire with the SAME amps running through it will have LESS voltage drop.

In case you did not know, under maximum load in a vehicle, whatever source is drawing the most current is the point of the most potential voltage drop FROM the alternator point.

And yes, there is voltage drop in a vehicle.

I'm surprised you've never said this yet but i will-

Purchase a newer vehicle, wait til nighttime, let it idle with headlights on at night.

It's not uncommon for light to dim when the cooling fan kicks on, or when Traction Control kicks in(this is protected by LARGE fuse in most vehicles) or when AC kicks on, etc..

These instances of headlights dimming is voltage drop and large at that since it's visible to the eye without tools.

And we are not necessarily even talking about this voltage drop, but this is from stock wiring.

Yet, the car is fine because there is a degree of acceptable voltage drop that will not cause damage.

But that's not acceptable. It needs to be more efficient.

And if you think i or we are being too technical about it-

Go look at Power Conditioning units for house.

They prevent power surges in the house from effecting electrical devices.

IE- there are thousands of surges in a house annually from it's STOCK wiring.

It's all from using the bare minimum.

Surges are what weaken electronics.

We want to prolong the life of the money we invest in this hobby.
The only thing on here I've read that makes any sense. My reply is that car probably has some age on it. Putting a bigger wire on an alternator doesn't make it output anymore voltage. You receive more voltage because the wire you took out had some wear and tear. You see, the old wire through the years has accumulated some resistance from being old.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.