Why do you need the BIG 3 on stock electrical?

ya i know, but he is still reading this.... lol
No, he's not. When you're banned, the "online" green dot doesn't go away when you do. Trust me, I've been banned a couple times. I wasn't still online, and people thought I was

well **** on me..lol
well it was green a little bit ago and not its not.

so was thinking he could still read but not post.
Nope, when you try to access a page on this site, you get something like this when you're banned:

Screenshot%202015-03-09%20at%207.54.37%20AM_zpsf7y0any9.png

Screenshot%202015-10-12%20at%206.01.49%20PM_zpsghapqvev.png

You don't like my thread, leave, you shouldn't be able to ban me because you don't like me or you disagree. I'm 17 for your information. You also threatened to kill me? You should be banned. I have something called the 1st Amendment you know, because I live in the United States. I also have the 2nd Amendment and I dare you to come to my house.
1st amendment doesnt matter here nor does it give you the right to say whatever wherever. You dont pay to be here so it doesnt mean you have any right. Secondly the 2nd amendment isnt what you think it is. At 17 youre just smarter than us all. Lol newb

You don't like my thread, leave, you shouldn't be able to ban me because you don't like me or you disagree. I'm 17 for your information. You also threatened to kill me? You should be banned. I have something called the 1st Amendment you know, because I live in the United States. I also have the 2nd Amendment and I dare you to come to my house.
And the post said go to a cave and die. I never threatened anything you illiterate individual

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Really? Shouldn't you be banned for this? Telling somebody to die for a conversation? Where do you live? This can't be acceptable on a car audio forum. I know I upset all you BIG 3 users, but telling me to die, that's a stretch isn't it? lol
saying you are a mechanic and you will make it so a customers car won't start shouldn't be acceptable either no go crawl in that cave and do as you were told

Dannnnnnnnggg Mr Lane getting in his last word lol

Never argue witrh idiots...because you can't fix stupid.

Mechanic's know how to fix vehicles.....not why a big 3 is done unless it's explained to them.

Vehicle manufacturers have the wiring just enough to pull the necessary amperage from alt to batt based on heater, wipers, stock radio, etc. Thus, why would they spend more $$ on something that's stock when the minimum amount is enough?

Just my $.02

The kid's argument was if the car was still stock, why use larger wire when you could replace the stock wire with the same size AWG wire but new and allow better voltage just like with larger wire..

We tried to explain how flawed his thinking is but refused to accept logical information.

It's the same way with some older guys i've talked to at a home depot once before couple years ago.

I was looking at a bare copper roll of 8awg about 250ft or so, can't remember the length.

They asked me what i was going to use it for, i told them for a custom project to test something on current transfer and amount.

They said word for word-

8 gauge is only capable of 40A.

I said, you're right.. Insulated, ran through walls at long distances.

This will be used in "open air", ran for short distances at a time.

They said, it didn't matter, it's still 40A. Ugh..

I was about to ask then how does a fuse work.. but i know it's not their field.. they are just robots quoting their knowledge from a book in a FIXED installation environment.

Oh I get it. Crystal clear.

Like I said, can't fix stupid....even after telling him multiple times which people have....can only beat a dead horse for so long.

would some actual numbers have helped?

100A through 5' 8 ga = .315v drop

100A through 5' 8 ga stacked with 4 awg = appx .085v

That's an obvious improvement. Night and day? No. Difference between needing an HO alt or not? Doubt it.

But an improvement that WILL make life slightly easier for alt and battery.

That's an obvious improvement. Night and day? No. Difference between needing an HO alt or not? Doubt it.

Think they have tried, and still wasn't good enough. He wanted hardcore proof. This isn't CSI man.

I sure as hell hate to be one of his coworkers if he acts like that at work.

I agree but also consider 100amps is worst case. Most averaged type systems may only be pulling 50- 60 amps total, if you are pulling above 70% of your alternator capacity regularly you should be upgrading the Alternators also along with the wires.

I agree but also consider 100amps is worst case. Most averaged type systems may only be pulling 50- 60 amps total, if you are pulling above 70% of your alternator capacity regularly you should be upgrading the Alternators also along with the wires.
You seem to think that a car doesnt use any of the energy created by the alt using normal functions. Considering stock alts are under powered in 70% of applications, its safe to assume if you put an aftermarket audio system in that draws 50-60amps like you say, then you are already way above what your alt can handle and thus your big 3 is under sized as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.