Why do people take what stereo salespeople tell them to the bank

vehementSPL
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
indianapolis
I was just thinking about this. It was amusing me some of the just outrageous claims I have heard people swear by cause the salesperson and blah blah told me so (the w7 is the loudest woofer in the world is the common one). I mean most car salespeople don't know crap about cars. THey just know the sales portion . so why would you think an audio salesperson is any different. I mean honestly if you told a car salesperson hey my car after sitting for 2 days won't start. And he/she goes oh it is the motor, it is about to blow I assure you. Would you pay to have the motor changed because of this opinion. Now I know this sounds outrageous , BUT some of the crap car audio salespeople feed to the average consumer is JUST as BAD(and worse!!! a lot of the people actually believe it when it comes from the car audio salesperson. REMEMBER PEOPLE. you don't have to know crap about a product to sale it(it helps)So next time for all you new people when a salesperson tells you something that seems OUT THERE> do yourself a favor and get on the forums and research it before you commit it to memory. Will save you from looking like a complete moron and jerk around people that actually have some idea of what they are doing.

I do selling and installing which ever they kinda need that day, they other 2 sales guys at my store know a decent amount about audio

its hard for me to tell a customer that the 2 jensen 10"s in the little sealed box will beat, but it make me realized of what most mainstream people consider "bass" as, because they always leave happy, 2 10s" and a box for 99$ makes them happy

now i believe most of the sales people around here have a pretty good idea about audio, some are just idiots, now dont go to bestbuy/ CC and start complaining about the idiots there

Yoiu must work in a good shop because around here those jensens in a box would still cost 2 - 300 bucks. Audio shops totally rip people off around here, maybe because there are so few nowadays.

People are idiots thats why.

Salespeople want to make money, plain and simple. Once you realize that money is there key objective, you can more easily weed out the bs from fact.

Yoiu must work in a good shop because around here those jensens in a box would still cost 2 - 300 bucks. Audio shops totally rip people off around here, maybe because there are so few nowadays.
+1. I checked the price of a ZX650.4 at a local store, "I could do it for $499."

They have a KX1500 (Yes, a KX, that's not a typo) for $900.

Actually the shop near me has been pretty good. I've gotten into lengthy discussions with them about relays, wiring, etc. When I first went in there to build a "MAD SYSTEM LOL" they asked for my budget right off the bat, explained why you don't need to waste $ on rear speakers, etc. They also fixed my first install for very cheap when I screwed stuff up. I have no problem shopping there.

And no it's not best buy, it's a small independent store.

anywhere around where i live is just hanus too. for example, when the pre-fab Dual setup came out with all the neons and ****, that + a x plod amp was around $450 uninstalled

I agree that people are naïve when they are beginning. If you don't do your research, you won't know anything about anything. We all were newbies at one point. But you guys on this forum here taught me much. I can't thank y'all enough...

Here's to Car Audio Forum!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Good point! We can all laugh at Best buy and what not, but I know a few places around where I live that know their ****! You can take what they say to the bank. We need to remember that alot of people on here are way past the average Joe in what we know and expect from car audio. The typical Joe out there who just wants to improve thier sound a bit are easily fooled as well as satified with what little they know. Yes indeed I was a newbie once, but I learned to do my homework before I went to talk to some of these yaehoos. It makes a big difference.

from being a salesman i try to sell as much ******** as i can. I don't care if its dad or moms or drug money, i need it. But on the otherhand a kid today got a custom box for his pickup made. Wired up the 2 kicker cvr 12's (dual 2 ohm) to a 2 ohm load for his ma audio monoblock. Well the 16 year old was complaining cuz it wasn't as loud as before cuz he only used one + and - on each sub. So needless to say he's running one vc on each sub and an a 2ohm stable amp at 1 ohm.

o and i was kidding about selling anything. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I've taught alot of people stuff, but ignorance is bliss.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.