Why do people put enormous bass in their cars?

I hate the attention from it. I just do it because its a hobby. keeps me busy. 90% of the time im in my car so I like to have some good sq music..

Just wondering. When I was in high school I had a Tahoe and put two Brahma 15's in the back with 1200w each on them. **** it was loud. I used to listen to rap and hip-hop since that is just about the only stuff that uses subs like that. Now that I am a bit older I just want a 10-12" sub to add some kick drum to the music I listen to. No more rap.
If you do, why do you go "overboard" with the subs?

My reasons used to be:

1. Cool with friends

2. The "feeling"

3. Other people were doing it?

What are your reasons and if you have stopped going hardcore in recent years what do you find adequate these days?
make people maddd

LOL
Plus the building/designing is really satisfying. I mean, sure, if you just run up to Circuit City and point at stuff on the wall then that's one thing, but to build a custom box and actually design the setup piece by piece is a really fun project. Maybe I'm alone, but I really enjoy doing all that. One big reason I'm excited to get started again, it's been too long.
Where the hell is there a Circuit City still?

Where the hell is there a Circuit City still?
LOL good point. The pathetic thing? My town's CC closed, and we've never had a Best Buy. So the only place to get electronics is friggin' Wal-Mart. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Thank the lord for this place called Total Image. Yeah their selection isn't great but the dude there doesn't try to sell you their products if you want something else. He's a Kicker guy, which they don't sell, and started telling me what products to look up that the store doesn't carry. That's why he'll be doing my installation once I get all the parts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

LOL good point. The pathetic thing? My town's CC closed, and we've never had a Best Buy. So the only place to get electronics is friggin' Wal-Mart. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif
Thank the lord for this place called Total Image. Yeah their selection isn't great but the dude there doesn't try to sell you their products if you want something else. He's a Kicker guy, which they don't sell, and started telling me what products to look up that the store doesn't carry. That's why he'll be doing my installation once I get all the parts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Wow, at least we still have 2 Best Buys here for electronics. What most people who shop at WalMart/Sam's Club or any of those big discount stores is that you get a sub-model product. TV's, appliances, and just about everything else electronic is made a little cheaper for them to sell at a lower price. I was pretty upset when my local CCs closed. I worked at one of them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Wow, at least we still have 2 Best Buys here for electronics. What most people who shop at WalMart/Sam's Club or any of those big discount stores is that you get a sub-model product. TV's, appliances, and just about everything else electronic is made a little cheaper for them to sell at a lower price. I was pretty upset when my local CCs closed. I worked at one of them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
People like to **** all over CC, but some of those people really knew their stuff. The car audio guys always seemed to be pretty on top of things, even if they were contractually obligated to sell what they have in stock. Plus their computer geeks were always helpful, and I bought every one of my cell phones in their Verizon kiosks.

Yeah Wal-Mart's car audio section is a terrible joke. A couple Pioneer and Sony Xplod items, that's it. Just downright sad.

I'm more than twice your age and I like some Hip-Hop. In fact, I've had the last Zion I and Mighty Underdogs records in heavy rotation for months. My sub is a BA 10" with a PR in a .5ft3 enclosure. There's a big difference between listening to music and listening to sound. That's where the line is drawn. You're only 22. Isn't it a bit early to condemn an entire genre on the basis of an ignorant social stereotype? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Condemn? I never meant my posts to be that way. This is just a thread of opinions. Because I do not enjoy rap does not mean I think any less of the people that do enjoy it.

Condemn? I never meant my posts to be that way. This is just a thread of opinions. Because I do not enjoy rap does not mean I think any less of the people that do enjoy it.
I may have misunderstood. It just seemed silly define one's listening preferences on the basis of age.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.