Why do people put enormous bass in their cars?

Just wondering. When I was in high school I had a Tahoe and put two Brahma 15's in the back with 1200w each on them. **** it was loud. I used to listen to rap and hip-hop since that is just about the only stuff that uses subs like that. Now that I am a bit older I just want a 10-12" sub to add some kick drum to the music I listen to. No more rap.
If you do, why do you go "overboard" with the subs?

My reasons used to be:

1. Cool with friends

2. The "feeling"

3. Other people were doing it?

What are your reasons and if you have stopped going hardcore in recent years what do you find adequate these days?
Those are also the reason all these young kids do drugs and have sex. Peer pressure ftl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

When i first got my car i crammed a 15"XXX in the trunk and powered it with a 2500D and ran stock speakers. All i heard was the substage. Now im alot more interetsted in setting up a front stage and bass is my least concern. I ended up just buying a 10" rd classic. I think I mainly did it to be cool and wanted to drive my with my bass on full tilt to turn heads. I just think its silly now.

That feeling is just unbelievable. I'm not huge on showing off, none of my friends have systems so there's not really any competition going. I just cannot stave off my addiction to that pressure and vibration in a car. Adore it. Plus, to me, nothing sounds as amazing as a really deep, warm bassline given the right speaker support. However, bass alone *****. When the full package comes together it's pure bliss.

Also, when I -do- show off, I'm one of those guys that prefers a "surprise" system. If it were possible to make my car silent from the outside I'd do it.

I don't, and haven't had a big system, so I don't know.

My single IB 10" off of 250 watts is like someone kicking the back of my seat when it hits, and it hurts if you set your head on the windshield while it's playing, the trunk vibrates quite a bit, etc. I can't imagine much more. Though I would like to upgrade to a triplet of tens, each off of 200 watts or so. I at one point did want bigger, but I'm questioning that now. I enjoy the bass lines, and I like feeling it, but that's most of my reasons right there. I'm more into the SQ than anything else, though I am a recent high school grad.

I don't, and haven't had a big system, so I don't know.
My single IB 10" off of 250 watts is like someone kicking the back of my seat when it hits, and it hurts if you set your head on the windshield while it's playing, the trunk vibrates quite a bit, etc. I can't imagine much more. Though I would like to upgrade to a triplet of tens, each off of 200 watts or so. I at one point did want bigger, but I'm questioning that now. I enjoy the bass lines, and I like feeling it, but that's most of my reasons right there. I'm more into the SQ than anything else, though I am a recent high school grad.
you need to get louder. You can have great SQ with big subs too ya know.

you need to get louder. You can have great SQ with big subs too ya know.
I'd use a single 18 if it fit in my rear deck. Sadly, I can barely fit a 10.

But still, too much, is, well, too much. I can't hear myself talk over my current system at max volume, anyways. I can't hear my engine even redlining it at 7500rpm. At that point, I don't care so much about how louder it can go :p

The "high", shittin on em with one 15.. and because I could..

I brought DD to my hood yo..

But not seriously in the small town I am from, DD is everywhere now. It all started from all of my blown 9515s haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.