Why aren't my lights dimming?

I would like to know why are you worried for something that is not a problem, we all here wish that we had no lights dimming.
The reason I am worried, well not worried. I am looking for something louder and if something isn't set up correctly I dont want to sell the current sub I have for something louder if I can just tune my amp correctly to get the 1k the sub wants.

The reason I am worried, well not worried. I am looking for something louder and if something isn't set up correctly I dont want to sell the current sub I have for something louder if I can just tune my amp correctly to get the 1k the sub wants.
It's very easy, Go to YouTube, and check the videos on "setting gains with a dmm" , there you'll learn a little more of what you have and the best way to set it.

Also, if your sub has the final ohm load at 2ohms, than your max output voltage should be 48.98 v.

It's very easy, Go to YouTube, and check the videos on "setting gains with a dmm" , there you'll learn a little more of what you have and the best way to set it.Also, if your sub has the final ohm load at 2ohms, than your max output voltage should be 48.98 v.
Okay so I just got home from work and turned up the gain all the way to just see what would happen. It did not get louder at all. Now that I remember I do have a factory amp installed that my head unit is connected to. Not sure why they didn't just remove it because the harness that I bought off crutchfield was supposed to remove that amp. They told me I had the wrong harness and just gave me a new one in there and hooked it up thru the factory amp. Said something about low level input or something like that. Could that be the reason I am not getting full power?

See if the amp has a bass boost and turn it up a little.

If your using the aftermarket deck preouts the factory amp has nothing to do with it. Bass boost causes issues and increases distortion, stay away. A multimeter is under 10 bucks and to me after 6 years of messing with audio is still the most useful and powerful tool I have ever bought. Plus I got it on sale at harbor freight for 2 bucks.

I'll call after work. My Sub is indeed wired to 2ohms, the amp I have puts out 1200W at 2ohms. It is cea compliant hifonics brutus 1600.1d the gain is set a little below 3/4
I dont want my lights to dim but I"ve been told that at that many watts is should be.
Who ever your talking to is stupid.

Stock electrical even at 1 ohm in that vehicle can do about 1400wrms. The amp will clip, CEA compliance doesnt mean anything other than it does rated at 4 ohms, gain at 3/4 also doesnt mean anything and most likely means thats set wrong too.

What would be your reccomendation to get the correct amount out of my amp? Is it because of the amp? Or are there some settings I can tweak to make it louder. Right now I have the bass at +2/+7 on my HU and LOUD is on. I listen to the system at about volume 10 on my Alpine cde-121
Turn bass off and loud off. They also introduce clipping. If you need more loud you need a new box, more subs, more power, or a combo of all 3.

If your using the aftermarket deck preouts the factory amp has nothing to do with it. Bass boost causes issues and increases distortion, stay away. A multimeter is under 10 bucks and to me after 6 years of messing with audio is still the most useful and powerful tool I have ever bought. Plus I got it on sale at harbor freight for 2 bucks.
He already turned the gain up all the way and it didn't make it any louder. What's buying a dmm going to do for him?

I'll call after work. My Sub is indeed wired to 2ohms, the amp I have puts out 1200W at 2ohms. It is cea compliant hifonics brutus 1600.1d the gain is set a little below 3/4
I dont want my lights to dim but I've been told that at that many watts is should be.
Cars have many different electrical output capabilities. Some cars have 60 amp alternators or just a weak alternator and/or battery, others have 160 alternators... So what makes one car electrical system struggle (dim lights) doesn't make another's struggle.

I understand you want the most out of what you have. A "GOOD" Ported or Transmission line box can give you the most out what you already have.

Okay so I just got home from work and turned up the gain all the way to just see what would happen. It did not get louder at all. Now that I remember I do have a factory amp installed that my head unit is connected to. Not sure why they didn't just remove it because the harness that I bought off crutchfield was supposed to remove that amp. They told me I had the wrong harness and just gave me a new one in there and hooked it up thru the factory amp. Said something about low level input or something like that. Could that be the reason I am not getting full power?
I'm thinking did Best Buy put in a LOC instead of running RCA's to the hu?

I'm thinking did Best Buy put in a LOC instead of running RCA's to the hu?
I'm really not sure.. The next day I had them take a look at it for me because one of my speakers kept going in and out and he just replugged in the rca cables and it hasn't done it since so i'm not sure if that's relevenat. My balance is also backwards as in r15 is left full and l15 is right full channel. I told him that and he said because there was only two rca output on the head unit i lost control of the balance and fader or something. I really dont' remember exactly what he said. Not sure if that even makes sense to you but i'm kinda new at this so sorry if i'm not making sense.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.